System requirements for QuickBooks 2019 and Enterprise Solutions 19.0 –
Find out what your computer needs to run the best QuickBooks Desktop experience.
Get the best experience in QuickBooks. Here’s helpful info about the operating system, hardware, software, and other requirements to run QuickBooks Desktop.
QuickBooks Desktop 2019 System Requirements Lists:
- Requires Windows 7 Service Pack 1 or Updated 8.1. …
- Requires 2008 Windows Server R2 Service Pack 1 or Service Pack 2, 2016 or 2012 R2.
- Requires processor 2.4 GHz or higher.
- 4 GB RAM. …
- For disk space 2.5 GB is recommended (an additional space is needed for file data).
QuickBooks Pro/Premier 2019 and Enterprise 19.0
- Windows 10, all editions including 64-bit, natively installed
- Windows 8.1 (Update 1), all editions including 64-bit, natively installed
- Windows 7 SP1, all editions including 64-bit, natively installed
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2011, Standard and Essentials
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
Note: QuickBooks requires you to use Windows natively and not through an emulator or virtual environment.Database Servers
|Windows (natively installed)||Windows Server 2016Windows Server 2012 R2Windows Server 2011Note: Windows Small Business Server 2011 is not compatible with QuickBooks Desktop.Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1Windows 10Windows 8.1 (update 1)Windows 7 SP1 (Enterprise and Professional editions only)|
|Linux (when using QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions Database Server-only installation)||OpenSuse 42.3Fedora 27Red Hat Enterprise 7 (RHEL 7.4)|
Browser RequirementInternet Explorer 11 (32-bit)Hardware and Operating system requirements (client and server)
|Processor||2.4 GHz minimum|
|RAM||4GB minimum, 8GB RecommendedServer RAM Requirements1-5 Users: 8GB RAM10 Users: 12GB RAM15 Users: 16GB RAM20 Users: 20+GB RAM|
|Disk space||2.5GB of disk space (additional required for data files).Additional software: 60MB for Microsoft .NET 4.6 Runtime, provided on the QuickBooks CD.Additional requirements for Intuit Data Protect in QuickBooks Connected Services offerings (applies to the US only).Require minimum 4.0GB RAM.Twice the size of the largest file set to back up + 100MB or twice the size to restore. The space is only required from the work folder LocalApplicationData+”Intuit\Intuit Data Protect”.Note: For the best performance, store your QuickBooks data file on a solid-state drive.|
|Windows||US version of Windows.Regional settings are supported when set to English.Administrator rights required for the server computer when hosting Multi-User access.Natively installed – means it was installed on a particular system or environment that it was designed for. This also means it doesn’t need to run in a virtual environment or emulation software.|
|Optical Drive||4X DVD-ROM drive required for CD installations (unless QuickBooks is downloaded from Intuit server).|
|Screen Resolution||Display optimized for 1280 x 1024 screen resolution or higher with up to 2 Extended monitors.Best optimized for Default DPI setting for a given computer.|
Note: Internet access is required.Software compatibility
You can integrate QuickBooks with hundreds of other apps. Below is a list of the most common apps you can use. To find more, go to the Intuit App Store.
Note: Additional RAM can enhance the use of these features.
- Microsoft Office:
- Office 2016 (including Outlook 2016) both on 32 and 64-bit.
- Office 2010 and Office 2013 and 365 (including Outlook 2010 and Outlook 2013) both on 32 and 64 bit. Note: Office 365 is only supported when it is locally installed, not the web version.
- Email Estimates, Invoices and other forms with Microsoft Outlook 2010-2016, Microsoft Outlook with Office 365, Gmail, Yahoo! Mail and Outlook.com, other SMTP-supporting e-mail clients.
- Preparing letters requires Microsoft Word 2016, 2013, or 2010 or Office 365 (includes 64-bit).
- Exporting reports requires Microsoft Excel 2016, 2013, or 2010 or Office 365 (includes 64-bit).
- Contact Synchronization with Microsoft Outlook requires Outlook 2010 (32-bit).
- Synchronization with Outlook requires QuickBooks Contact Sync for Outlook (the download is available at no charge). Note: Contact Sync does not work with the Microsoft Business Contact Manager Outlook plug-in. Syncing could cause duplicate records.
- QuickBooks Point of Sale V18.0 and V12.0
- TurboTax 2018 (Personal and Business)
- Lacerte 2018 and 2017
- Pro-Series tax years 2017 and 2016
- Quicken 2018, 2017, 2016
- QuickBooks for Mac 2016
- Adobe Acrobat Reader: Business Planner, Payroll and viewing forms require Adobe Acrobat Reader 9.0 or later.
- Payroll and other online features and services require Internet access with at least a 56 Kbps connection speed (1 Mbps recommended). DSL or cable modem is recommended.
- Gmail, Yahoo Email, Windows Mail, Hotmail and AOL (i.e Mozilla Thunderbird Email Client*). Note: *Supports plain text version in Mozilla.
- Internet Explorer 11
Firewall and antivirus software compatibility
We tested QuickBooks Pro 2019, Premier 2019, and Enterprise 19.0 with the following firewall and antivirus programs.
Note: In some cases, you may need to adjust some settings in these programs to get the best possible QuickBooks performance.
- Windows Server Firewall (all editions)
- Windows 8.1 Firewall (all editions)
- Windows 7 Firewall (all editions)
- Microsoft Security Essentials
Note: QuickBooks will work with systems running RAID (Redundant Array of Inexpensive Disks) but this is not recommended because it may cause QuickBooks to operate slowly.
Does QuickBooks Enterprise work with Windows 10?
Presently, QuickBooks Customer Support provides assistance for QuickBooks Pro, QuickBooks Premier and QuickBooks Enterprise for the QuickBooks Desktop version 2015 to 2019. However, the issues arise if you upgrade to Microsoft Windows 10 and QuickBooks Windows 10 compatible version is not installed.