The QuickBooks Payroll Reports plays an important role in managing your employee’s company data. QuickBooks payroll gives you information about your company’s employees and payroll expenses. In this post, we are going to discuss How to run a payroll summary report
You can view payroll details, such as deductions, gross pay, and net pay for any given pay date when you create a payroll summary report in QuickBooks. You can also customize the report for specific date ranges as per your requirements.
While the standard report creates a register of payroll information for all employees, in QuickBooks payroll you can also create and print a custom report for a single employee. Below you will get all the detail information How to run a payroll summary report. In case you have any queries you can contact QuickBooks support team.
What is payroll summary report?
QuickBooks Payroll Reports manages employee earnings, list of your current employees, paid-time-off balances and much more. The Payroll Summary Report is a periodical analysis that is made regarding payments made to employees.
The summary report in QuickBooks can be generated for any one period or for a period range. Below we will discuss few simple steps for How to run a payroll summary report. The Payroll Summary report is very important because it is where you can check the current pays for year, a month or quarter
Payroll summary report include
A Payroll Summary report includes the following items and after this check out How to run a payroll summary report
- Employee vacation and sick time
- Employee, taxes, adjustments, and wages
- taxes and contributions and taxes.
- Net Pay of employees
How to run a payroll summary report
Below are the few simple steps that you need to follow in order to understand How to run a payroll summary report
Steps – To create a payroll summary report
- The first step in how to create a payroll summary is to Select Reports
- Now click on Employees & Payroll
- Choose the Payroll Summary option
- In this step, you need to set a date range. You can do this in two ways.
- Select a date range, From the Dates drop-down list,
- Enter a date range In the From and To fields
- You need to Select Refresh or anywhere in the report.
- In order to remove the Hours and/or Rate columns, you have to click on customize reports
- Clear the Hours and/or Rate checkboxes, in the Display tab, and then select
- under the Filters tab, You can also add pay periods
- select Print > Report, To print the Payroll Summary,
- In order to change the printer settings, and select Print.
Steps – To run a report for a specific employee
Check out the steps for How to run a payroll summary report
- On the home page, to open the Employee Center/Centre, click on employees
- Select the employee on the left side; you want to run the report for.
- select the report you would like to run, In the upper right corner:
- Payroll Summary
- Quick Report
- Payroll Transaction Detail
- Paid Time Off
- You need to enter the dates you need.
- Change printer settings, as per requirements, then click Print.
Steps – To export a payroll summary report to Excel
Check out the steps how to export a payroll summary report to Excel
- Click the Excel drop-down arrow, In the report,
- Select Update Existing Worksheet or Create New Worksheet
- Select the Browse button to choose the workbook If you select Update Existing Worksheet.
- By selecting the Advanced button. The Advanced Excel Options window opens.
- You have to clear the Space between columns check box.
- Click on OK and select Export.
Steps – Saving the Payroll Summary Report
Below are the steps for saving the payroll summary report. Above we have discussed How to run a payroll summary report:
- The first step is to Type in a Report Name of your choice.
- Use the latest dates each time the report is saved or opened and use the exact dates you have specified. It can be done automatically as per your requirements
- You need to select whether you wish the program to automatically select all relevant employees each time the report is saved or open and use the exact employees you have selected yourself.
- You can also add the report to the ‘Favorites’ section for future use, simply tick the box provided there.
- To save the report, Click Save
- In order to re-open a report that hasn’t been saved as a favorite, you need to select the ‘Open’ button on the menu toolbar and choose from the listing as per your needs.
Hopefully, we have discussed How to run a payroll summary report in QuickBooks. You just have to follow few simples to run payroll summary report. If you have any error or you are not able to run payroll summary report you have to contact QuickBooks tech support team for free guidance.