QuickBooks is business management software used by a number of companies all over the world. The QuickBooks software has many important features and tools that result in managing business data in an organized way. Below in this post check out the steps for How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 6190 and 816
Not only the QuickBooks software helps to manage business data but also acts as a planning tool. Sometimes QuickBooks also give some errors due to which QuickBooks stops working. QuickBooks errors can be technical or functional.
QuickBooks error code 6190 and 816 is one of the common error reported by the QuickBooks users. This error comes under the categorized of technical error. Resolving the error in the initial stage is very crucial. So check out steps for How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 6190 and 816
Table of Contents
What is QuickBooks Error Code 6190 and 816?
QuickBooks error code -6190 and 816 crops up with following error message: “QuickBooks was unable to open the company file on the hosted computer.” This error means that the user can not open the QuickBooks company file.
There are multiple causes for QuickBooks error 6190, 816 to occur. You need to identify the actual reason for the occurrence of the error in order to know the best possible solution for How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 6190 and 816
Reasons for QuickBooks Error Code 6190 and 816
Check out the list of reasons for the occurrence of QuickBooks Error Code 6190 and 816 and later we will discuss solutions for How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 6190 and 816:
- The enterprise log file mismatches with the company file.
- You can’t open company file and need to convert enterprise log file into Company Data File (QBW).
- When the “QBW” file doesn’t match with its associated “.TLG” file, the QuickBooks displays error -6190, -816.
- Update failure is another reason for the occurrence of this error.
- When a company file has been updated on a different computer without updating its transaction file, the error -6190, -816 occurs in QuickBooks.
- when another user is accessing the company files in Single User Mode, this error is caused
- data Corruption in the QuickBooks data file is also one of the reasons for QuickBooks error occurrence. however, it is important to identify the data corruption in QuickBooks.
How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 6190 and 816
It is very important to fix the QuickBooks Error Code 6190 and 816 in order to continue working on QuickBooks. Check out the different solutions for How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 6190 and 816
Solution 1: Use QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
- The first step is to Download and install “QuickBooks File Doctor” tool.
- In this step, you need to Run the tool.
- Make sure You must be logged in as Administrator and if not, you will be directed to do so.
- It will show you two options: Network connectivity only and file damage and network connectivity
- Select the file damage and network connectivity, as it will detect corrupted or damaged files and will help to fix the error -619.
- Next, you will be asking for a password.
- You need to type your Admin password.
- It will then ask whether the company file is on Server or workstation.
- if you’re using the company file on your server, Select “Yes” and “No” if using from Workstation.
- You need to Click on “Proceed.”
Solution 2: You use a file sharing service
- Quickbooks does not recommend using a file sharing service like SugarSync, Dropbox,Box.net or any other type of online sync service for your company file.
- Some online auto-backup programs can cause this type of errors when used in conjunction with Quickbooks.
- You can come across error message or lose/damage transactions if you access your company file in this way.
- To avoid this error you need to Move your QuickBooks company file out of your Dropbox folder and copying it to the C: drive of your computer
- You have to consider one of the following options:
- to access QuickBooks from multiple locations, Use QuickBooks Online
- to protect your company file (applies to the US only), Use Intuit Data Protect (IDP)
Solution 3: Fix the mismatch
- The first step is to Open the company file on QuickBooks
- Next, you need to find the company file.
- The transaction log file and company file will have the same name but different extensions.
- You need to Right-click the company file and select “Rename” option.
- Type any new name or simply add “-OLD” at the end of the name.
- Don’t delete “.qbw.nd” or extension from the end.
- In the Same way, rename the transaction log file without omitting the extension.
- You need to Exit the system now.
- You have to again Open QuickBooks and attempt to login in the company file.
Solution 4: Rename your .tlg file
- First, you need to Go to Windows Start button and click on Explore option
- in which Company file is placed, you need to Search the folder
- Now locate your .tlg file
- right click on it to rename it.
- Give this file a new name.
Solution 5: Single Mode User Check
- Ensure that all the users are logged out of the QuickBooks Data file.
- Next is to restart the computers.
- Now you need to copy the data file to another location apart from its source or to the desktop
- You need to Again copy the data file back to its original location.
- Sign into QuickBooks and check whether you are able to use QuickBooks in an error-free way.
Quickinfy hopes that the solutions given above have solved your problem related to How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 6190 and 816. If you still need help or the above solutions, you need to contact QuickBooks support team for further guidance. The expert team of QuickBooks helps in every way to get your solutions resolve.