We all know that QuickBooks is one the best accounting online payroll management software that has been helping small and medium-sized businesses, all over the world. Below we are going to discuss solutions for how to fix QuickBooks Update Error 12031.
Sometimes, there are different types of QuickBooks errors which users can face from time to time in QuickBooks but with the right kind of solutions as we are going to discuss below for QuickBooks Update Error 12031, users can make sure that the QuickBooks software is working smoothly.
Table of Contents
QuickBooks Update Error 12031
QuickBooks Update Error 12031 may happen when a client in QuickBooks tries to refresh the QuickBooks or when refreshing a QuickBooks payroll service.This is an error that is caused by network timeout and that this can represent an inconvenience when you are utilizing QuickBooks.
The clients subsequently would not have the capacity to get to the server and face general web association issues which are postured by the web security errors.
QuickBooks Update Error 12031 may happen when your firewall and other security highlights are trouble when you are using QuickBooks. The users as a matter of first important thing that you ought to do when this error message is popped up are to check the system association and the antivirus settings to guarantee that the inconveniences are immediately understood.
Causes for QuickBooks Update Error 12031
Check out the list of causes for QuickBooks Update Error 12031. The following list of causes is given below:
- Internet connection issues.
- A network timeout that is hindering QuickBooks from accessing the server
- The error also occurs due to Internet Explorer may not be the default browser
- Due to not correct settings of SSL
- Internet security or firewall settings that are blocking the connection
How to fix QuickBooks Update Error 12031
Check out the list of solutions for QuickBooks Update Error 12031. The following list of solutions is given below:
- Click on Help
- Click on Internet Connection Setup.
- You need to Click to choose the option for “Use my computer’s Internet connection settings to establish a connection when this application accesses the Internet”.
- Click on Next, and then click on Done.
- You need to Try the update again:
- QuickBooks 2008 and later: you have to select the Help and need to click on Update QuickBooks and then choose the Update Now
- QuickBooks 2006 and earlier: Choose File and click on Update QuickBooks and then choose the Update Now
- The first step is to Click the Update Now tab.
- You need to Select the Reset Update checkbox and then click on the Get Updates button.
- If the program update still doesn’t work:
- To check your Internet connection, check the steps for the Troubleshooting program and payroll update errors.
- You need to Check the Configuring Internet security and personal firewall applications for QuickBooks updates, To configure your Internet security and personal firewall software,
- Start Microsoft Windows in Safe Mode and try the download again, If the preceding steps did not resolve the issue,
- First of all, you have to open the menu of the “Internet Connection Setup” that is available in your QuickBooks
- Then click on the Internet properties.
- After that, you can see the variety of tabs in those Internet properties.
- From the available selections, you should click on “Advanced” tab.
- After that, ensure that the advanced setting is matched
- Then you have to click on “Apply” button
- Then click on “OK” and then you need to close this window.
- At the end, you should close the QuickBooks and then open it again to try the payroll update process once again. This solution will possibly fix the issue.
- The first step is to close the QuickBooks.
- Click on the Internet Explorer.
- You have to click on Tools and then you have to click on Internet Options.
- Select the Security tab and click on the Globe icon Make sure that security setting for this zone is no higher than Medium High.
- Click on the Content tab and make sure that the button for content advisor says Enable.
- Click the button, If the button says Disable and enter the password and disable content advisor.
- Select the Connections tab to follow the following steps:
- Select Never Dial a Connection option, when you do not use the dial-up node (DUN) on the system
- You need to use the dial-up node (DUN) and make sure that the correct ISP is chosen.
- Click on OK.
- At the bottom of the tab Click on the LAN SETTINGS button.
- Once Make sure that the checkbox for automatically detect settings is checked.
- Also, verify that Use a Proxy Server checkbox is clear.
- When there is a checkmark Use a proxy server and document the complete address and port
- DO NOT UNCHECK use a proxy, If the port is other then port 80.
- The use a proxy box for testing purposes, If the port is port 80 you can uncheck
- on the LAN settings screen, Click on OK
8. Choose the Advanced tab.
- Click on the Restore Advanced Settings button.
- scroll to locate the Use TLS 1.0, Use TLS 1.1 and Use TLS 1.2 options, Under Settings. (You may not find these options in your Internet Explorer version.)
- make sure that Use TLS 1.0 is checked.
- Make sure that Use TLS 1.1 and Use TLS 1.2 are not checked.
9. To close the Internet Options window, Click OK
10. Close Internet Explorer and Restart your computer.
11. Open QuickBooks and try to update again to check the error still exists or not.
In case the above-discussed solution for QuickBooks Update Error 12031 cannot solve the error you can always get in touch with the QuickBooks experts and they would solve the trouble for you.
The QuickBooks users can simply dial the toll-free number which is available 24 hours and manage the errors they are facing with the software. The QuickBooks support team are always ready to provide you with all the solution that you need for to troubleshoot the QuickBooks Update Error 12031