QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale Installation process
- First, you will need to download QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale (if you have not already done so)
- Go to the location where QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale was saved when you downloaded (should be on your desktop), and double-click the QuickBooks Point of Sale executable file (ex. QBPOSv18.exe) to run the Point of Sale installation.
- Select Yes to All if prompted to overwrite the existing extracted files.
- Select Next to begin the installation.
- Read the Software License Agreement. If you agree, select I accept the terms in the license agreement, then select Next.
- Enter your License and Product numbers and select Next.
- Select Next.
- Select the number of computers to be used for Point of Sale.
- Single User: Select Only this computer and follow the installation process.
- Multiple Users: Choose Two or more computers and select if it is the Server or Client workstation
- Server Workstation: A Server workstation is the first workstation to which QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale is installed. Server workstation creates and holds your company data.
- Client workstation: The client workstation is usually the cash register used to assist customers in their daily sales and has simultaneous access to the program.Note: If you need to change the installation type of POS from server to workstation or vice versa, you have to uninstall and reinstall the program.
- Select Install to continue, or select Back if you need to go back and review any of the previous screens.
- You may need to restart your computer and then open QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale to get started.
- After installation, activate QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale and you’re all set.
How do I update QuickBooks desktop to 2019?
Go to the Options tab, select Mark All then select Save. Go to the Update Now tab, then mark the Reset Update box. Reopen QuickBooks Desktop. If you get the message to install the update, select Yes
How do I completely remove QuickBooks from my computer?
To perform a clean uninstall.
- Click the Start button and select Settings>Control Panel.
- Select Add/Remove Programs in XP and in Windows Vista/7/8 select Programs > Programs and Features.
- Select QuickBooks and click Change or Remove Programs for XP and in Windows Vista/7/8 select Uninstall.