QuickBooks File Doctor – Fix your Damaged Company File or Network – In this post, we are going to discuss QuickBooks File Doctor – Fix your Damaged Company File or Network. QuickBooks File Doctor is also known as the Connection Diagnostic Tool.
This tool is used to help you resolve common networking and company file corruption errors for QuickBooks Desktop (Windows only). If you’re reading this article, it’s probably because you’re having trouble with opening your QuickBooks company file. Below we are going to discuss QuickBooks File Doctor – Fix your Damaged Company File or Network as quickly as possible.
How The QuickBooks File Doctor Tool can help you :
- You have missing or blank lists for your customers, vendors, or employees.
- You can’t open your company file and get one of the following error messages: -6150, -6000 -82, -6000 -305, -6000 -301, -6147, or -6130.
- Your file is severely damaged and will not open, but you can open sample company files (or other files).
- You get an H101, H202, H303, or H505 error (error opening QuickBooks over a network or multi-user setup issues).
- For QuickBooks 2016 and later, you will be prompted to run the inner (built-in) version of File Doctor. If so, please use the version of QuickBooks File Doctor contained during this article instead, because it is that the most up so far version and has the very best likelihood of break down your issue.
- QuickBooks File Doctor solely works in QuickBooks Desktop for Windows. it’s NOT compatible with QuickBooks for mack.
This is how you use the QuickBooks File Doctor:
Check out the following steps for QuickBooks File Doctor – Fix your Damaged Company File or Network
- Download the QuickBooks File Doctor to your computer.
Important: If you have already got a version of File Doctor on your pc (you can see an inexperienced File Doctor icon on your desktop), you may have to be compelled to proceed with downloading and putting in File Doctor from this text to make sure you have got the most recent unharness. it’s counseled to uninstall any previous versions of File Doctor before downloading and putting in from this text.
- After the download completes, double-click qbfd.exe and follow the on-screen instructions to install the QuickBooks File Doctor.
Note: If you utilize Windows ten and have bothered putting in File Doctor, take a glance at our 5954 and follow the directions to enable Microsoft.Net 3.5.
- After installing, The QuickBooks File Doctor opens automatically. If you do not see it opening, look for a green wrench icon in your Windows task bar.
- Use the drop-down list to find your company file (this is based off your last 10 opened companies).
- Select browse and manually locate it to continue, If you do not see your company file in the list,
- Select one of the following options:
- Both file damage and network connectivity: If you believe your company file is broken, otherwise you see a 6xxx error (such as -6150, -6000 -82, -6000 -305, -6000 -301, -6147, or -6130) once you attempt to open your company file (data file problems).
- Network connectivity only: If you’re mistreatment QuickBooks multi-user setup and find an H202 (or H303/H505) error once you try and open your company file (network errors) in Multi-User mode.
- When prompted, enter the Admin password for your company file, then click on Next.
- You will then be instructed to choose Host/Server or Workstation. Note: It is important to make sure you pick the right option!
- If you’re running File Doctor on a digital computer (meaning your QuickBooks file is physically not stored/hosted on this machine), then choose digital computer.
- If you’re running File Doctor on a Server laptop (meaning the QuickBooks file is physical keep on this machine), then choose Server. you must conjointly choose Server if you’re the sole user and use QuickBooks on the only 1laptop.
- Choose one of the following options, if prompted to share your company file:
- Yes: If you are running File Doctor on the computer hosting the company file (only choose this if you are running File Doctor on your server computer or host computer).
- No: If you are running File Doctor on a computer that is not hosting the company file (aka your Workstation).
- Wait until the File Doctor finishes diagnosing.Note: If you’re running the info harm + networking choice, you may have to be compelled to wait till the tool finishes. counting on whether or not your file is native or on a network, and file size, it might take a momentto end designation and repairing your file. The network solely mode should not take any more than a momentor 2.
After QuickBooks File Doctor completes repair and diagnosis:
- After the tool finishes diagnosis, you have to close File Doctor.
- To see if the issue is resolved, Regardless of the results screen, try opening your QuickBooks file again.