Solved: Learn How to set up multiple work locations and assign employees in Quickbooks
With QuickBooks Online Advanced Payroll, you can set up multiple work locations and assign employees to them.
How do I add a location in QuickBooks?
To add a work location:
- Click your company name in the top right, and then click Payroll Settings.
- Click Work Locations under Company and Account.
- Click Add a Work Location.
- Enter the new work location address, and then click Save.
What are locations in QuickBooks?
Location tracking is used to categorize data from different locations, offices, regions, outlets, or departments of the same company. This feature lets you see all the payments for one location and deposit them as a group. Note: This feature is only available for QuickBooks Online Plus and QuickBooks Advanced
How do I add a location in QuickBooks online?
Now that you have turned on Classes or Locations, you can create categories for them.
- Go to Settings ⚙ and select All Lists.
- Choose either Classes or Locations.
- Select New, then enter all necessary information.
- Select Save.
How do I set up multiple divisions in QuickBooks?
Assign Divisions to Classes
- Click the “Edit” menu and select “Preferences.”
- Click the “Accounting” list, and then click the “Company Preferences” tab.
- Select the “Use Class Tracking” check box and click “OK.”
- Click the “Lists” menu; then click “Class List.”
- Click the “Class” drop-down button.
Here’s how to set up new work locations:
- Select the Gear icon on the Toolbar, then Payroll Settings.
- Select Locations.
- Choose Add location.
- Type in the Location name, Address and Phone number.
- Select Save.