QuickBooks Error H505 – In this post we are going to discuss QuickBooks Error H505. According to Intuit, QuickBooks Error H505 means that the computer on which the QuickBooks company file is located needs some additional configuration.
Below we are going to discuss all the possible causes and symptoms to fix QuickBooks Error H505.
This error code is among one of a series of errors including Error Codes – 6000, H101, H202, H303 & H505 involving the Hosting setting that occurs due to same causes.
Quick Books Error H505
Free Support Call @ 1-888-306-6999
- Error Number: QuickBooks Error H505
- Error Name: Quickbooks Pro Error Code H505
- Developer: Intuit Inc.
- Applies to: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8
- Software: QuickBooks Pro
Error Description: Error H505: QuickBooks Pro has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
What is QuickBooks Error H505?
QuickBooks Error H505 occurs when there is some issue with Multi-user hosting set up. The general consequence of this error is once users commit to access the corporate file on another pc which pc lacks sure installation setup. This reasons results in the prevalence of this QuickBooks error code
What are the main causes behind the QuickBooks Error H505?
There are several reasons behind the QuickBooks Error H505, a number of that we have a tendency to area unit attending to discuss below:
- Damaged or Incorrect .ND file – The .ND configuration file permitsQuickBooks to access an organization go in a network and once the .ND file is broken or incorrect it restricts QuickBooks Desktop from accessing files over the network.
- QuickBooks Services Not Started – QuickBooksDBXX or QBCFMonitor services area unit nevertheless to run and may mechanically begin.
- Unable to Obtain the IP address of the Host Computer – a uniqueinformatics address can be used by QuickBooks information Server Manager.
- Incorrect Settings of the Hosting Configuration – Hosting of QB can be on during a separate laptop. The server ought to have hosting turned on wherever the files area units aved.
- Improper Settings of the QB firewall ports – the wrong firewall settings is obstructing incoming/outgoing communication to the corporate
- Incorrect DNS Settings – the DNS settings at the workstations area unitorganized
What are the symptoms of QuickBooks Error H505?
Some common symptoms of QuickBooks Error H505measure given below:
- Quickbooks Error H505 seemsand crashes the current running program window.
- Your laptopoftentimes crashes with Error H505 once running identical program
- “QuickBooks accomplished Error Code H505” is displayed.
- Windows runs sluggishly and responds slowly to mouse or keyboard input.
- Your pcsporadically “freezes” for many seconds at a time.
How to fix QuickBooks Error H505
The QuickBooks users have to follow these simple steps provided below to resolve the QuickBooks Error H505 :
Solution 1: Create a new folder for your company file
- Produce a replacementfolder, On the hosting pc and share it and originated folder and Windows access permissions to share company files.
- contact your IT skilled, If you are doing not have access to the digital computer,
- to the new folder, Copy the .qbw filein multi-user mode again, Open your company file
Solution 2: Open the network ports QuickBooks uses to transmit knowledge
- you’ve got to Access Windows Firewall Settings
- right-click the Windows brand, From the Desktop, and chooseinstrument panel.Type “Firewall” in the search bar and click on Enter.
- Click Windows Firewall and click on Advanced settings.
- On the left, you have to right-click Outbound Rules, and choose New Rule.
- Click on Ports and click Next.
- enter in the following ports, Select TCP and in the specific local ports box,:
- QuickBooks Desktop 2018: 8019, 56728, 55378-55382
- QuickBooks Desktop 2017: 8019, 56727, 55373-55377
- QuickBooks Desktop 2016:8019, 56726, 55368-55372
- QuickBooks Desktop 2015:8019, 56725, 55363-55367
- Click on Next and choose Allow the Connection.
- You have to Click Next to enter a name in the name field (for example, “QuickBooks ports” ) and click on Finish.
- For the Inbound Rules, you have to Repeat steps 1-5
- In multi-user mode again, Open QuickBooks
Check UNC vc. Mapped Drive (file path troubleshooting)
- Network Discovery is Turned On
- Open Control Panel, click on System and Security
- Click on Windows Firewall.
- within the left pane, you have got to click permit associate app or feature through Windows Firewall (if you’re running Windows Server 2012).
- Click on modification
- chooseNetwork Discovery, then click on OK.
- You know the name of your server
- to open a run command, Press the Windows Key + R and type CMD and press the Enter
- Enteripconfig /all, and click on the Enter
- Under the IP Configuration section, serach the line “Host Name“.
- your server name is The name on its right
- save the and proceed to the next step.
Solution 2: Check hosting and services
- open QuickBooks, On each workstation (not the server or hosting computer)
- choose File and click on Utilities.
- this computer is not hosting the company file, If you see Host Multi-User Access on the list,
- if you see Host Multi User Access at your workstation, you can go to the next computer.Don’t change anything
- If you see Stop Hosting Multi-User Access, click on that option.
- On each computer, Repeat steps 1-3
Verify QuickBooks services
- To bring up the run box, Press the Windows key + R
- Type mscand click on Ente and You can search for services.msc on the Windows search bar.
- In the services window, scroll down and search for the QuickBooksDBXX service
- Double-click the QuickBooksDBXX service and make sure thatthe Startup kind is ready to Automatic and repairstanding is Running or Started
- Click on the Recovery tab.
- For 1stfailure, Click the computer menu and click on on Restart the Service.
- if it fails, this canmechanically restart the QuickBooksDB serviceDo the same for Second failure and Subsequent failures
- to save the changes, Click OK
- for the QBCFMonitorService, Repeat steps 1-6 above
- Open QuickBooks in multi-user mode on everyaffected digital computer.
- strive to form certain the QuickBooksDBXX service may be a member of the administrator cluster and has the acceptable permissions, If the problem persists,
In case you are unable to fix the QuickBooks Error H505 with the method above immediately connect to QuickBooks Technical Support team. QuickBooks support team compromises of knowledgeable and experienced QB professionals who have depth in knowledge about the product.
QuickBooks Error H505 – Solved
They ensure quick and smooth error resolution services within a time limit and are available 24*7. You can also connect with the team through online chat or email services.