QuickBooks is most popular accounting software introduced by Intuit. QuickBooks has completely changed the way in which businesses can manage their accounting and financial data. With its advanced features, it has helped businesses reach the next level. In this post, we will discuss QuickBooks error code 6000 77.
Also, QuickBooks has various types of editions such as Start, Premier, Professional, and Enterprise. QuickBooks is used for different businesses of different types and sizes. However, QuickBooks user faces some error during its use. One of the common error faced by QuickBooks users is QuickBooks error code 6000 77. Check out the solutions to fix it.
Table of Contents
QuickBooks Error code 6000 77
According to Intuit, QuickBooks Error Code 6000 77 occur when users are attempting to open a company file. When this error occurs QuickBooks are not able to work on QuickBooks.
it is always necessary to fix the QuickBooks Error Code 6000 77 as soon as possible to continue working on QuickBooks. Below we have mentioned solutions to fix QuickBooks Error Code 6000 77.
QuickBooks Error code 6000 77 information
Error Number: Error 6000 77
Error Name: Quickbooks Error Code 6000 77
Applies to: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8
Developer: Intuit Inc
Error Description: QuickBooks has encountered an issue and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Causes of QuickBooks Error code 6000 77
Check out the list of causes that lead to QuickBooks Error code 6000 77. The following list is given below:
- the organization document is situated on outside media as opposed to a nearby or system drive
- QuickBooks is trying to open the organization document by referencing a mapped drive
- BitDefender security programming is blocking correspondence when running QuickBooks in multi-client mode
- incorrect organizer authorizations on the envelope in which the organization document is found
How to fix QuickBooks Error code 6000 77?
Check out solutions for how to fix QuickBooks Error code 6000 77. The following are the solutions:
Solution 1: Use UNC path instead of mapped drive
- You have to Right-click on the QuickBooks icon on your desktop
- from your keyboard, Press and hold the Ctrl key
- select Run as Administrator.
- until you have the No Company Open window, Hold down the Ctrl key
- by Holding the Ctrl key you can prevent QuickBooks Desktop from auto-opening a company file.
- click Open or Restore Company, From the File menu
- choose the Open a company file and click Next.
- click Network, In the left Pane, and navigate to the location of your company file.
- where the company file saved, If you can’t find the folder you may need to set folder permissions.
- Select the company file and click on Open.
Solution 2: Recreate damaged folder
- on your C:\ drive, Create a new folder
- where the company file is saved, Open the folder
- you have to Locate the .qbw file.
- Right-click on the .qbw file
- Click on Copy.
- right-click and select Paste, Open the new folder
- to share company files, Set Windows access permissions
- Open the QuickBooks Desktop and from the new location, open the file
Solution 3: Rename.ND and.TLG files
- You have to Open the folder that contains your company file.
- with the same file name as your company file, you have to search the files and that too with the extensions.ND and.TLG.
- Rightclick on the .nd/.tlg file and select Rename.
- after the file extension and press enter, Add the word “.old”
Example: qbw.nd.OLD, company_file.qbw.tlg.OLD
Solution 4: The computer opening the company file is using a mapped drive letter instead of UNC:
- the first step is to Open QuickBooks.
- Choose File and click on Open or Restore Company (in QuickBooks 2006, choose File >Open Company).
- Select Open a company file(QuickBooks 2007 and later versions only) and click Next.
- click My Network Places, In the left pane of the Open a Company window,
- Double-click Entire Network
- You have to navigate to the location on your server where the company file is stored.
- Select the company file and click on Open.
Solution 5: The folder containing the company data may be damaged:
- on your C:\ drive, Create a New Folder
- to this newly created folder, Copy/Paste the Company File
- to set up the correct permissions for the folder, Refer to Solution 4 above
- try to open the Company File Using QuickBooks, from this new location
Solution 6: Choose or Restore Company File in QuickBooks
- click to open the QuickBooks program.
- Select File and click on Open Company File (following the QB 2006 version select file -> open company file).
- Double click to open the company file and then Click Next (for QB 2007 and after versions).
- on the left Click My Network Places to open My Computer window.
- Click Entire Network and choose to Locate the company file destination on your server.
- You have to Select and open the company file as per requirements.
So you now know what is QuickBooks Error code 6000 77, and why it occurs. You also know all the different methods you can try to fix QuickBooks Error code 6000 77.
Due to the uncertain nature QuickBooks sometimes, it is hard to arrive at a strong diagnosis, that is why you would have to engage in a lot of trial-and-error methods, which would also put you at risk of data loss. If the error does not get resolve you can contact QuickBooks support team.