QuickBooks Error 6000, -301 – Error Encountered While Accessing Company File of QuickBooks – QuickBooks Error 6000 301 occurred when QuickBooks Desktop tried to access the company file. If the QuickBooks Error 6000 301 persists, contact Intuit Technical Support and provide them with the following error codes: (-6000, -301).
Table of Contents
Reasons for QuickBooks Error 6000 301
The following are the list of reasons for QuickBooks Error 6000 301. Check out the list of causes below for QuickBooks Error:
- QuickBooks Desktop Support Files are damaged.
- QuickBooks Transaction Log (TLG) file are damaged
- QuickBooks The Network Descriptor (ND) file are damaged
- The Data Source Name (DSN) file is damaged
- QuickBooks company file is damaged
- Encryption software is installed
How to fix QuickBooks Error 6000 301
The following are the list of solutions for QuickBooks Error 6000 301. Check out the list of solutions below for QuickBooks Error:
Solution 1: Update QuickBooks Desktop to the latest release
- Click on Close Company/Logoff, From the File menu,
- Click File and click on Exit.
- On your desktop, Right-click the QuickBooks Desktop icon
- Click Run as administrator and ensure that you are in the No Company Open screen.
- From Help menu and choose Update QuickBooks.
- Click Options and click on the Mark All button then click Save.
- You have to click on Update Now.
- Click Reset Update then click on the Get Updates button.
- Close QuickBooks Desktop, When the Update Complete message appears,
- Open QuickBooks Desktop and click on Yes, If you get the message to install the update
- Restart your computer, When the installation is complete,
- Click Update QuickBooks, From the QuickBooks Help menu,
- Go to the Update Now tab, In the Update QuickBooks window
- Put a checkmark in the box labeled
- To erase all previous update downloads, Reset Update
- This may increase the amount of time needed for the update.
- Click Get Updates and The current release will download
- To install the update, you will need to restart QuickBooks
- Accept the option to install the new release, When restarting QuickBooks,
Download automatically in the future
- Click Update QuickBooks, From the QuickBooks Help menu
- Go to the Options tab, In the Update QuickBooks window
- Select the radio button for Yes, To turn on automatic updates
- To share automatic downloads with other computers on your network, for Yes select the radio button
- Click on Close. Now your QuickBooks will download the update when it is released.
Solution 2: Rename the QuickBooks support files
- You have to Open the folder that contains your company file.
- with the same name as your QuickBooks file, Search for files but with extensions .tlg, .nd and/or .dsn.
- you have to Right-click each file and click on Rename.
- To each of them, Add the word.OLD
Solution 3: Run the QuickBooks File Doctor
- Download the QuickBooks File Doctor to your computer.
- Double -click qbfd.exe, After the download completes, and follow the on-screen instructions to install the QuickBooks File Doctor.
- After installing, The QuickBooks File Doctor opens automatically. Look for a green wrench icon in your Windows taskbar, If you do not see it opening
- To search your company file (this is based on your last 10 opened companies), Use the drop-down list.
- click the browse button and manually locate it to continue, If you do not see your company file in the list
- Select one of the following options:
- Both file damage and network connectivity:
- Network connectivity only:
7. When prompted, you have to enter the Admin password for your company file then click Next.
8. To choose Host/Server or Workstation, You will then be prompted
9. It is important to make sure you pick the right option!
- If you are running File Doctor then choose pick Workstation On a workstation this means your QuickBooks file is physically not stored/hosted on this machine
- If you are running File Doctor on a Server computer this means that the QuickBooks file is physically stored on this machine then choose pick Server.
- If you are the only user and use QuickBooks on only one computer, You should also pick Server
10. If prompted to share your company file, Choose one of the following options:
- Yes: on your server computer or host computer), If you are running File Doctor on the computer hosting the company file (only choose this if you are running File Doctor
- No: the company file (aka your Workstation), If you are running File Doctor on a computer that is not hosting
11. You have to Wait until the File Doctor finishes diagnosing.
The above-mentioned solutions for how to fix QuickBooks Error 6000 301 are surely going to help the QuickBooks users. In order to fix the QuickBooks Error 6000 301 the users need to follow the above-discussed solutions one by one . if the above-mentioned solutions do not help you then you have to contact QuickBooks support team.