QuickBooks is a smarter way to run a medium or small business. The QuickBooks manages data for sales and business growth by saving time and money. In this post, we will discuss What is QuickBooks Error Code 1904.
QuickBooks is also a planning tool that can be used to build business strategies. QuickBooks is a simple and easy to learn accounting program that has many good features and tools. This tool helps you:
- Provide tight security and safety to the data
- Simplified tax compliance
- Reduce your monthly expenses
- Improve output accuracy
- Increase business growth
There are certain scenarios when QuickBooks displays some errors. These errors occur due to many causes. One of the common errors is QuickBooks Error Code 1904. Below we will discuss steps to fix QuickBooks Error Code 1904.
Table of Contents
- What is QuickBooks Error Code 1904?
- What are the Causes of QuickBooks Error Code 1904?
- How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 1904?
Call US Toll Free – 1-888-306-6999
What is QuickBooks Error Code 1904?
QuickBooks Error Code 1904: [file path/ name/extension] failed to register mainly occurs due to incorrect file setting or damaged file.
QuickBooks Error Code 1904 usually occurs while you are trying to open your Company file due to damage to QuickBooks Database. QuickBooks Error Code 1904 also occurs due to lack of disk space on your computer or any system.
Causes of QuickBooks Error Code 1904
- The QuickBooks POS Error 1904 is generally caused by damaged file setting
- Caused by the presence of some incorrect files.
- If you encounter this error, you will see a message displayed on your screen i.e.“ Error 1904: [file path/name /extension] failed to register”
- You can also encounter this error if you are trying to install QuickBooks Desktop on your system
- upgrading the Windows Operating System
- you have not rebooted the computer
- Due to some damaged component of Microsoft Visual C++.
How to fix QuickBooks Error Code 1904
By following the below-mentioned steps you can fix QuickBooks Error Code 1904. Check out the steps below:
Solution 1: Run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool
- The first step is to Complete the installation process
- If you see any of the error messages on your screen then simply ignore them.
- Note that not to open your QuickBooks application, just yet.
- You have to restart your computer system.
- download and run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool, In case your installation is still incomplete.
- After this reboot your system.
- Despite running the tool, if the error occurs then activate the Built-in Administrator.
- You will have to install QuickBooks program under the built-in admin account. When all above steps are done,
Solution 2: Check permissions and use hidden (built-in) Administrator account
You have to create a notepad file and save it to the installation directory to check permissions
- Press Windows + R, on your keyboard to open the Run window.
- Type in Notepad and click on OK.
- in the notepad, Type in QBTEST
- select Save As, From the File menu
- Save the file to the installation directory.
- 64-bit C:\Program Files(x86)\Common Files
- 32-bit C:\Program Files\Common Files
Solution 3: Change the Security Settings of the installation directory
- You have to Browse C:\Program Files\Common Files.
- Common Files folder, Right-click on it and select Properties.
- Click Edit, Under the Security tab.
- select Users, Under Group or usernames
- Under Permissions for users, select allow for the following permissions:
- Read & Execute
- List Folder Contents
- Select the Apply and click on OK.
Solution 4: You need to repair an existing QuickBooks installation
- First of all, make sure that QuickBooks should be closed.
- Open Control Panel and Click on Programs.
- Select the Programs and Features.
- Select QuickBooks and you have to click on Uninstall.
- in the QuickBooks installation window, Click on Next
- Now you have to choose radio button next to Repair.
- Click on Next and then select Repair.
- Click on Finish.
Solution 5: The Manual User Solution
- The first step is to restart your computer after the restoration is finished.
- You need to Start your computer and log on it as Administrator.
- The confirmation window will display, Click on the Next button
- You have to select All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, and finally.
- Click the Start button and choose System Restore
- from the displayed on this list, Choose the latest System Restore point
- Click a restore point list and then press next.
- in the new window, Select Restore my computer to an earlier time option and then click next
Now, hopefully, you will get QuickBooks Error Code 1904solved. If you are still getting the error then try to re-install QuickBooks file.
Free Support Call – 1-888-306-6999
Hope this post will be helpful for you in solving QuickBooks Error Code 1904. To get more detail and help, you can contact QuickBooks support team. You can contact them by calling on their helpline number.