QuickBooks Error 15106 – QuickBooks program is undoubtedly an adorn accounting solution that comprises of simple usable features that helps in handling the day to day accounting operations of businesses of industries and size. With QuickBooks business management becomes easy and a lot of time is saved. In this post, we are going to discuss QuickBooks Error 15106
Like other software QuickBooks has certain limitations due to which there crops up situations when an error occurs. The error may be caused due to technical faults and if not resolved in time they might be more critical affecting the work process. The following messages are displayed.
The update program cannot be opened.
The update program is damaged.
What causes QuickBooks Error 15106
This error is associated with QuickBooks update issues. When QuickBooks Error 15106 shows up, it may show either “The update program is damaged” or “the update program cannot be opened” errors. The reasons behind the issue with the update process and the error message to show up in QuickBooks could be either of the following issues:
- Presence of Spy Sweeper program in Webroot antivirus software on your PC at times interferes with certain programs, including QuickBooks. It could have stopped QB update program.
- If you have not logged in with the User ID that does not have Administrator rights, the Error 15106 may show up. Usually, User ID without Admin rights is not permitted to read or write files on the system, thus causing the error in QuickBooks.
Solutions to fix QuickBooks Error 15106
- Close all programs that are currently running.
- Click the Microsoft Windows Start button, choose Settings, and then selectControl Panel.
- Double-click Add/Remove Programs .
- Select the version of QuickBooks you are updating, and then click theChange/Remove button.
- Click Next in the first QuickBooks Installation window.
- Verify that Repair is selected, click Next , and then click Repair .
- In case you are not logged in as Administrator, you need to switch user and login as Administrator. Doing this might resolve the issue. If the error is not resolved move to the second method to troubleshoot the issue.
- If you identify that the error occurs due to the Spy Sweeper then you can open Windows Task Manager by using (Ctrl+Shift+Esc) keys together. You need to click on the ‘Processes’ tab and look for ‘Spy Sweeper.exe. Further, you can attempt doing the following things:
- In case you detect this in the processing tab, you should remove or uninstall it by opening ‘Add/Remove programs’ in the Windows. Doing this might resolve the issue.
- For you are not able to locate the Spy Sweeper in your computer system, you should open drive C and navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooksxx\Components. Then you need to reset the QuickBooks update after renaming downloadqb < nn> folder as downloadqb< nn >.old. For sure doing this will fix the issue.
- In case both the methods mentioned above fail to fix the QuickBooks Unable to Update and encounter error 15106, turn off the User Accthe ount Control temporarily in case you are a Vista user or you are using Windows 7 or Windows 8.
- Still if it fails to fix the issue go to Selective Startup and perform a clean install of QuickBooks.
Still, you are unable to resolve the QuickBooks error 15106 or queries related to the troubleshooting methods you can connect with the QuickBooks customer support team through email, chat or toll-free phone number.