Quickbooks iif file import error – Solved – in this post we provide you the solutions how to fix iif files.
Quickbooks iif file import error – Solved
We recently changed banks. Our .iif file downloads worked fine from the old bank but we have been having problems with the downloads from the new bank. I have spent quite a bit of time trying to identify the problem and think that I may have a clue at this point.
Our .iif file has three heading lines:
!TRNS TRNSID TRNSTYPE DATE ACCNT NAME AMOUNT MEMO DOCNUM CLASS
!SPL SPLID TRNSTYPE DATE ACCNT NAME AMOUNT MEMO DOCNUM CLASS
When downloading the .iif file we get messages like
Error on Line 6: Can’t record invalid transaction and
Error on Line 73: You can’t change the type of a name or add duplicate name.
At the end of the upload, we end up with ‘two’ new bank accounts:
The two bank accounts show the same totals but one is a negative number and the other a positive.
Based on my own review, it seems that there are two problems:
- Two bank accounts are being generated instead of one.
- In the .iif file it looks like any transaction that has an TRNSTYPE of “PAYMENT” results in an error (Can’t record invalid transaction)
(I think that I can address the ‘You can’t change the type of a name or add duplicate name’ error message).
We first encountered this problem with a company file that he was working with so decided to try it with a QuickBooks sample company account and ran into the same problem…so I don’t think that it’s a problem with the software (QB Premier Ed. 2016).
- importing iif files into quickbooks 2019
- import iif file into quickbooks desktop
- quickbooks we weren’t able to import right now
- ; [error] it’s a list or transaction that is not supported by the iif import process.
- unable to import iif files into quickbooks
- iif file not importing
- quickbooks 2019 errors
- quickbooks 2019 iif import error