Solved: Quickbooks Desktop 2018 can’t open State_w2.xlt or State_SUI.xls. Error 31
Export to Excel Failure
- Restart your computer to close unnecessary programs interfering with QuickBooks.
- Back up your QuickBooks company file.
- Go to Start and then Control Panel. …
- Select Programs and Features. …
- Choose QuickBooks in the list of programs and click Uninstall/Change.
- Click Continue, then, Next.
Reinstalling QuickBooks and Office 365 are good ways to resolve this error. Generally, the error code 31 occurs due to corruption or malfunctioning of hardware. Damaged Microsoft Office installed in your system can also cause this error. You can follow these steps get rid of this error:
How to Solve QuickBooks Error 31
- Check the main components of your PC such as your Internet connection, operating system, antivirus software and third-party applications installed in your PC to identify and resolve the issue.
- Remove all security software that you just recently installed.
- Disable the Windows firewall and antivirus software.
- Make sure that no other application is running in the background while performing the steps.
- Perform system updates. If there is any update available, you can install it.
- Open Windows Explorer and go to the file which is related to the error code.
- Double click on the file and you will be asked to select the program to relate the document to.
- Select Excel, then click on OK to connect the format with Excel.