How do I set up multi user in QuickBooks desktop?To enable multi–user mode, go to the File menu in QuickBooks and choose “Multi–User Mode”.
If you need 5 or more users accessing QuickBooks at the same time, please see our QuickBooks Online Edition or QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions products, or call us at 1-888-306-6999.
Steps to Sync QuickBooks file between two computers:
- Install and Download Data Transfer Utility provided by Intuit. …
- Paste your company file to the primary computer from a secondary computer. …
- Start QuickBooks on the primary computer. …
- In Data Transfer Utility.
How many computers can I install QuickBooks Pro 2019 on?
Each individual who purchases Intuit QuickBooks is allowed to install the software on two computers for personal use.
This feature is designed for people with one desktop and one portable computer but can be used on two laptops or two desktop PCs without purchasing a second license.
Can I install QuickBooks on multiple computers?
Yes. You can install QuickBooks Desktop Pro on multiple computers. If your company has multiple employees and who require random access to QuickBooks, According to Intuit, you may install a single-user license version of QB on a computer and on a portable device, only if there is the one used for both devices.
How do I keep QuickBooks in multi user mode?
- Click the File menu.
- Select Open or Restore Company.
- Choose Open a company file, and then click Next.
- In the Open a Company window, check the Open file in multi-user mode box at the bottom.
The setup requires you to adjust settings in QuickBook Desktop, Windows, and your server.
Step 1: Set up QuickBooks Desktop
On a multi-user network, one computer hosts your company files. This is your server computer. All other computers connected to your network that don’t host your company files are called work stations.
- If you haven’t already, follow the steps to download and then install QuickBooks Desktop on your server computer.
- Select Custom and Network install for the install type.
- Select I’ll be using QuickBooks Desktop on this computer, AND I’ll be storing… if you want the full version of QuickBooks Desktop on your server computer. Or if you just want your server computer to host your files, select I will NOT be using QuickBooks Desktop on this computer…
- Follow the on-screen instructions to finish the install.
We strongly recommend keeping your company files on your server computer’s local hard drive. This makes it easier to share them over your network.
If you want to keep your files on a mapped network drive, follow the steps to map the drive. Then come back to this article.
Step 2: Set folder permissions
Follow the steps to set up folder permissions on your server computer. Make sure the folder holding your company files has permission to be on your network.
Step 3: Install Database Server Manager
If you follow the steps in Step 1, QuickBooks also installs QuickBooks Database Server Manager on your server computer. This tool lets you share your company files with other computers over your network.
Make sure QuickBooks Database Server Manager is installed.
Step 5: Set admin rights
Make sure the user account you use to sign in to your server computer has Windows admin rights.
Also, make sure the Windows user account for Database Server Manager has admin rights.
Step 6: Use Database Server Manager
After you install the Database Server Manager, follow the steps and use it to scan the folder holding your company files.
Step 7: Turn on hosting
Now that you’ve set up everything outside of QuickBooks, all you need to do is turn on Multi-user Access on your server computer. Your server computer should be the only computer with this feature turned on.
- In QuickBooks Desktop, go to the File menu and hover over Utilities.
- Select Host Multi-User Access. Then select Yes to confirm.
Now you can host your company files over your network.
When you want to access your multi-user network, sign in as a user with admin rights on your server computer and workstations.