follow these steps to install it. You can use this article whether you’re reinstalling or installing QuickBooks for the first time.
How do I install QuickBooks on my desktop?
Download QuickBooks Hosting Desktop by following the below steps:
- Select Yes to All.
- Select Next.
- Agree to the Software License Agreement, then select Next.
- Enter your License and Product numbers, then select Next.
- Select the type of installation for the computer. …
- Select where you will be using QuickBooks.
|Hosting QuickBooks on a network?If you’re setting up for the first time, see set up a multi-user network and install QuickBooks Database Server Manager before you continue.|
Seeing an error? We’re here to help. Here’s how to Fix QuickBooks Desktop install errors.
Step 1: Get ready to install QuickBooks Desktop
- Make sure your computer meets the system requirements.
- If you haven’t already, download your version of QuickBooks Desktop. Save the file somewhere you can easily find it (like your Windows desktop)./li>
- Have your product and license number handy.
|Need help finding product and license number?If you bought QuickBooks directly from our website, you can find this info in the original purchase email.If you purchased it from a retail store, look for the label on the original packaging.If you lost your license or product number, we can help you recover them.|
Step 2: Install QuickBooks Desktop
- Open the file you downloaded (QuickBooks.exe).
- Follow the onscreen instructions. Accept the software license agreement and then select Next.
- Enter your Product and License numbers. Then select Next.
Step 3: Decide which install type is right for you
You have two options for installing QuickBooks: express, or custom and network.
We recommend an express if you’re:
- A first-time user
- Reinstalling QuickBooks.
- Going to use QuickBooks on just this computer (not as part of a network of computers).
To express install:
- Select Express and then Next.
- Select Install.
- When it finishes, select Open QuickBooks to get started.
Custom and Network install
We recommend a custom install if you’re:
- Installing QuickBooks somewhere other than the default location (such as on a server).
- Hosting your company files on a server.
- Setting up a multi-user network.
To custom or network install:
- Select Custom and Network Options and then Next.
- Select the option that describes how you’ll use QuickBooks.
- On the next screen, select Change the install location.
- Select Browse to decide where to put your QuickBooks folder. Most people put it in their Programs folder.
- Select Next to start the install.
- When it finishes installing, select Open QuickBooks to get started.
Step 4: Activate QuickBooks Desktop
After you install, QuickBooks will ask you to activate and update it. If you need help with this, see Activate QuickBooks Desktop.
Can I install QuickBooks on desktop and laptop?
Yes. You can install QuickBooks Desktop Pro on multiple computers. If your company has multiple employees and who require random access to QuickBooks, According to Intuit, you may install a single-user license version of QB on a computer and on a portable device, only if there is the one used for both devices
How do I install QuickBooks desktop on Mac?
Start the installation.
- Close all running applications.
- Insert the QuickBooks CD into the CD-ROM or double-click the downloaded installer. The QuickBooks installation window opens automatically.
- Drag the QuickBooks icon to the Applications folder. …
- Double-click the QuickBooks icon to open the application.
How do I register QuickBooks on my desktop?
To register QuickBooks:
- Open QuickBooks.
- From the QuickBooks menu, select Register QuickBooks.
- Enter the License number and Product Number, and select Next.
- Select Register Online.
- Follow the steps on the screen to complete your registration.
What computer is best for QuickBooks?
Best Laptops for QuickBooks – Top Picks
- Dell Inspiron 14 5482 Full HD 2-in-1 Laptop. …
- Acer Aspire E 15 E5-576-392H Notebook. …
- HP Pavilion 15 Touchscreen Laptop. …
- Acer Aspire 5 Laptop. …
- Apple MacBook Pro 13 with Touch bar. …
- Dell XPS 13. …
- Lenovo ThinkPad E590. …
- ASUS ZenBook UX331FA-AS51 13-Inch Ultrabook.