QuickBooks is an accounting and financial software used by small and medium-sized business to maintain their company data. QuickBooks has different versions and different editions. In this post, we are going to discuss How to Create QuickBooks Timesheets and Time Data Report.
In QuickBooks, you can use timesheets to enter employee’s time date and hours worked that helps to create employee paychecks. For payroll time tracking, a payroll plan subscription is not required. To calculate the paycheck gross salary, the hours entered is used by QuickBooks. Below in this post, we will discuss How to Create QuickBooks Timesheets and Time Data Report
What are timesheets in QuickBooks?
Timesheets in QuickBooks are used for tracking the time spent by each worker on their specific job. Organizations all over the world use tools such as timesheets for tracking the amount of work done by each worker.
Timesheets also help the companies in evaluating the amount of time required for a completion of particular job as well as the proficiency an employee has in a particular skill.
With timesheets, companies can easily calculate the amount of salary they have to pay to each employee. This is usually helpful for organizations when they hire someone on the contractual or hourly basis. Below we will discuss steps for How to Create QuickBooks Timesheets and Time Data Report
How to Create QuickBooks Timesheets and Time Data Report
Steps – To create Timesheets
Below you can check steps for How to Create QuickBooks Timesheets and Time Data Report. In the following, you can check steps to create timesheets.
Step 1: First step is to click on Employees
Step 2: Next step is to enter the Time.
Step 3: You have two options for timesheets:
- You can enter a single activity.
- You can track hours worked by Entering a weekly timesheet
Step – Create a Report that shows timesheets data for one or more employees
You can check steps How to Create QuickBooks Timesheets and Time Data Report. Check out the steps to create a report
You can create Time by Name report that displays the following
- Customer name associated with the timesheet depending on the Total number of hours worked on date range you select
- Display more columns or data by using the Customize Report feature by using Display more columns or data
- Employee names of your organization
- Total number of hours worked on date range you select as per your needs
To create this report, follow steps given below
- Select the QuickBooks menu bar
- Click on Reports
- after clicking on reports click on Jobs
- click on Time and Mileage
- Select the Time by Name.
- Click Customize Report tab.
- Add more columns to your report by selecting one or more of the display options available, In the Display window. To display more:
- click on Filters tab
- click on the items or names you want to include in the report
- If you wish to display multiple names or items follow the steps below:
- click on the down arrow for items or names you selected
- select the option for multiple
- click to select the items from the list provided
- Click on OK to apply your selections.
- To save your changes, Click OK on next window
Steps – To Print Timesheets
Above we have discussed How to Create QuickBooks Timesheets and Time Data Report. Following are the steps for printing weekly and blank timesheets.
To print weekly timesheets
- From the File menu, click on Print Forms
- Choose the Timesheets.
- To view additional timesheets, change the date range by entering different dates in the Dated and thru fields in order to view additional timesheets,
- You need to select the timesheets you want to print.
- Select Print full activity notes, To print the full text of your activity notes on each timesheet. QuickBooks prints only the first line of each note, If you don’t select this option,
- Click OK when you want to print a timesheet for each person selected for each week within the date range.
To print a blank timesheet
- Click on Employees
- You need to Enter Time.
- Select the Weekly Timesheet window
- Click on the Print option
- Click on Print Blank Timesheet.
- Enter the number of copies you want to print, in the Print Timesheets window, Click on Print.
Steps – To enter a single activity
Check out the steps to enter a single activity. Above we have discussed How to Create QuickBooks Timesheets and Time Data Report.
- Select the date of the time worked on the Date calendar.
- You will not be able to use the Start and Stop function of the Single Activity If you enter a date before today’s date.
- You can manually enter the amount of time for the activity in the Duration field.
- You can select the employee from the Name drop-down list.
- Select a custom job from the Customer, If the hours worked are billable.
- Verify the Billable checkbox is not selected, If not billable
- Select the payroll item from the Payroll Item drop-down arrow.
- you may also add a WC Code (Workers Compensation) and a Class, depending on your Preferences
- Click on Start to start the time tracking for this work
- Type the time when the employee started work for this job. Click Start.
- When the job is finished click on Stop When the job is finished,
- Click on Save & Close.
Steps – To enter a weekly timesheet to track hours worked
- The first step is to Select the employee name next to Name.
- select a Customer, If the hours worked are billable
- Select the Payroll Item for time worked.
- You may also add a WC Code (Workers Compensation) and a Class if the hours worked are billable
- Click in the column for the day in which hours were worked
- Enter the hours worked for this job (if used) and/or for the payroll item. Repeat for each time worked until the week is complete, Repeat for each time worked
- Overtime hours are not calculated automatically. They must be entered manually as an overtime payroll item.
- When finished, click on Save & Close.
Steps – To create batch timesheets
- The first step is to Click on Employees
- You need to Enter Time
- Click on Use Weekly Timesheet.
- Choose the Name drop-down and scroll to the very top.
- Choose the multiple names.
- Select the names from the Select Employee, Vendor or Other Name box and click on OK.
- Fill in the timesheet then click on Save & New or Save
- QuickBooks will record the same time sheet for the multiple names that have been selected.
Above we have discussed How to Create QuickBooks Timesheets and Time Data Report. If you have any issues you can contact QuickBooks payroll tech support team. You can contact them at their toll-free number.