In this post, we are going to discuss solutions for Unrecoverable Error in Multi-user or Network Environments. The QuickBooks users have to perform the below-discussed solutions when they experience an unrecoverable error in multi-user environments.
The Unrecoverable Error in Multi-client or Network Environment prompts terminal administrations, facilitated situations or neighborhood with various clients getting to QuickBooks in the meantime.
How to fix Unrecoverable Error in Multi-user or Network Environments
Solution 1: Change your QuickBooks startup preference.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop
- Select General, From the Edit menu,
- Make sure that Keep QuickBooks running for quick startups is unchecked.
- Select OK, On My Preferences tab
- Click on Window menu and choose Close All.
- You have to Close company file and exit QuickBooks.
- Re-open the QuickBooks.
- Select Close Alla second time, From the Window menu of QuickBooks,
- You have to Re-attempt the action that caused the crash.
- please complete the boxes on the dialog box, If the crash still occurs, and click on Send.
Solution 2: Update QuickBooks Desktop to the latest release
From within QuickBooks Desktop
- click on Close Company/Logoff, From the File menu,
- Click on File and choose the Exit.
- On your desktop, Right-click the QuickBooks Desktop icon
- Click on Run as administrator.
- Make sure that you are on the No Company Open screen.
- Choose Update QuickBooks, From Help menu,
- Click Options and Select the Mark All button then click Save.
- Click Update Now and Click Reset Update
- Click on the Get Updates button.
- Close QuickBooks Desktop, When the Update Complete message appears
- You have to Open QuickBooks Desktop.
- click on Yes, If you get the message to install the update,
- restart your computer, When the installation is complete,
Download and install automatic update NOW
- click Update QuickBooks, From the QuickBooks Help menu
- Go to the Update Now tab, In the Update QuickBooks window,
- You do not need to change anything there, Ignore the table,
- (Optional) Update to erase all previous update downloads, Put a check mark in the box labeled Reset
- Click on Get Updates.
- The current release will download and to install the update, you will need to restart QuickBooks
- Accept the option to install the new release, When restarting QuickBooks,
Download automatically in the future
- Click on Update QuickBooks, From the QuickBooks Help menu,
- Go to the Options tab, In the Update QuickBooks window
- select the radio button for Yes, To turn on automatic updates,
- (Optional) select the radio button for Yes, To share automatic downloads with other computers on your network
- Click Close and when it is released, Now your QuickBooks will download the update
Solution 3: Perform Troubleshooting Steps for Unrecoverable Errors.
A regular user is damaged
- Select Set Up Users and Passwords, From the Company menu, and click Set Up Users.
Enterprise users: Company click on Users > Set Up Users and Roles.
- Click Add Users and type in the username and password and Do not use the damaged username.
- Click on Next.
- Customize the user as necessary and click on Finish.
- Using the new login credentials, Log in to the company file
Suppress the Desktop while opening a Company File
- From the No Company Open window, Click to select the desired company file
- Press and hold the Alt key and click on Open.
- Release the Alt key, If you are prompted for your login information, and enter your User Name and Password.
- DO NOT release the Alt key, If you are not prompted for your User Name and Password,
- Press and hold the ALT key and click on OK.
- Until your file is completely open, Do not release the Alt key
- A blank screen, QuickBooks will display
- your company file is completely open, If you can highlight a QuickBooks menu by just hovering your pointer to it,
To copy the company file on a different location
- select New, Right-click your Desktop, and click Folder. Name the folder QBTEST
- where the company file is saved, Open the folder
- you have to Right-click the file and select Copy.
- in the QBTESTfolder that you created, Paste the company file
- from the QBTESTfolder, Open the company file
Create a new Windows Administrator
- Click on Start and click Settings.
- Select Accounts and choose the Family & other users.
- Select Add someone else to this PC, Under Other Users,
- You have to Select I don’t have this person’s sign-in information and click on Add a user without a Microsoft account.
- Enter the name of the new account and click on Finish and Assign a password to the new account to ensure security.
- Click on the newly created account and click on Account Type.
- Select the Administrator and click OK.
Windows 8, 7 and Vista
- press Windows+R to open the Run window, On your keyboard,
- Type in Control Panel and clicks on OK.
- Click on User Accounts and choose to Manage another account.
- Click on Create a new account and enter the name of the new account.
- Select Administrator and click on Create Account.
- To open the Run window, On your keyboard, press Windows+R
- Type in Control Panel and click OK.
- Click on User Accounts and select the Manage another account.
- Select Other accounts and click on Add an account.
- Click Sign in without a Microsoft account (not recommended)and click on Local account.
- You have to Enter the username, password and password hint and click on Next.
- Select the newly created account and click Edit and The screen will return to the Manage Other Accounts
- By default, the new user is set to the standard user.
- Click the drop-down menu and click on Administrator.
- Click on OK.