Set up QuickBooks Scan Manager – In this post, we are going to discuss how to Set up QuickBooks Scan Manager.
QuickBooks Scan Manager lets the users easily attach files to your invoices, sales receipt, bills and other transactions. This post helps you set up QuickBooks Scan Manager and resolve common issues or errors you may encounter while using it.
Set up QuickBooks Scan Manager:
Check out the steps for How to Set up QuickBooks Scan Manager. You need to set up the QuickBooks Scan Manager for QuickBooks Attached Documents, If you install a new scanner or if you are scanning documents for the first time.
Step one: Create your Scan Profile
- Click Docs to open the Doc Center, From the QuickBooks icon bar.
- Click on Scan a Document.
- Choose the appropriate Scan Profile or click on New to set up a new profile.
- You have to Edit the name of your profile, then click on Continue.
- Adjust the profile settings as appropriate then click on Save.
- You cannot edit the default destination folder.
- Where your company file (.QBW) is stored,Your scanned documents will always save to the same folder.
- you must change your company file location If you want to change the scan destination path.
Step two: Set up and test your scanner
- You have to Highlight your profile, then click on Select.
- Click Scanner Setup Wizard, In the Select Scanner window,
- The Current Selection field should list your scanner.
- select the Yes radio button, If you do not see your scanner listed, then click Next to download the latest scanner database from Nuance.
- Select the appropriate mode. (Typically this will be Normal Mode.)
- Verify the Perform Tests box, then click on Next.
- Choose the tests you want to run, then to start testing your Scanner, select Next twice.
- The test page that you scanned in place of “Your scanner document here.”, You should see
- Verify the Repeat this test in order to verify all modes box, then click Next to continue testing in other available modes
- You can use your scanner with QuickBooks, Once you have tested all modes successfully,
Troubleshoot Set up QuickBooks Scan Manager issues:
These are some of the issues you may experience while using QuickBooks Scan Manager.
QuickBooks Scan Manager not working
If you see one of these error messages or If you are having trouble setting up scan manager or scanning documents :
Could not scan.
TWAIN driver not found.
- Make sure you are using a TWAIN-compliant scanner.
- to make sure it’s working properly, Test your scanner
- Verify that whether you can use it normally outside of QuickBooks.
- The problem may be with the scanner itself, If not.
- contact an IT professional to resolve this or Reach out to the scanner manufacturer or
Error 281, 1
while trying to scan with Scan Manager, If you receive Error 281, 1 perform the following solutions in order:
- You have to Delete your Scan profile and create a new one.
- In Windows, Change User Account Settings
- Repair QuickBooks and try scanning again.
- Reinstall using a clean install, set up QuickBooks Scan Manager, and try again.