QuickBooks is one of the software manufactured by Intuit used by small and medium-sized companies. QuickBooks is designed in such a way that it is easy to use and also brings more features to manage the company data file. It is used to manage transactions, invoices and purchase orders.
Setting up your email service in QuickBooks desktop help business in many ways. You can send invoices, reports, and other transactions through emails. You can choose webmail option or outlook option in QuickBooks. Email services are one of the services that can work wonders with the QuickBooks.
Advantages – To Set Up your Email Service in QuickBooks Desktop
Following are the uses of setting up email service in QuickBooks desktop. Email services in QuickBooks let users send:
- The customers often need proof in the form of invoices. So you can email them invoices to their personal email ids
- Any purchase made from your business can be responded with an invoice to the customer or client email ids
- You can send Invoices to customers or clients for reminding them of their due payments. This enables to get your payments on time.
- You can save the contact details of each and every vendor that have purchased products from your organization.
- You can even import your data from a spreadsheet.
- You can also make the list of purchase items from your organization and send them directly to the vendor.
Requirements To Set Up your Email Service in QuickBooks Desktop
You will need the following information to set up your Outlook 2007 or Outlook 2003 as your email:
- Incoming e-mail server address
- Incoming e-mail server type
- Outgoing e-mail server address
How to Set Up email service in QuickBooks Desktop
There are few simple steps by which you can set up email service in QuickBooks Desktop to send various invoices, reports, and transaction. You can do this by we mail and the outlook.
Steps to Set Up Email Service in Outlook
- First, you will have to create an Outlook email profile.
- Select the Windows icon, type Control Panel in the search box and select it.
- In Control Panel, search Mail, and select it.
- The Mail icon won’t appear unless you have Outlook installed and have run the program at least once.
- The Mail Setup dialog box opens.
- Click Show Profiles.
- Click Add.
- Type a name for the profile, and then click OK.
- Add an e-mail account to use in your profile by following the directions on your screen.
- Now go to the Edit option in the QuickBooks
- Choose the options preferences.
- Then go to the Send forms
- You will have to go to theMy Preferences
- There is an option Outlook radio, Click on it.
- Now Click onOK.
- Close the Preferences Window.
Steps to Set Up email Service in WebMail
- Select the Edit Menu
- choose Preferences.
- The Preferences dialog box will open.
- Down the left side of the box, click on Send Forms
- Make sure that the My Preferences tab is selected
- Use the WebMail Option to set up a Gmail, and Yahoo email address
- Click the WebMail option, and then click the Add button
- File in your email address in the Email ID box
- Then select the provider from the drop-down list
- Click OK.
In the new versions of QuickBooks software, there is an option for secure Webmail for a safe connection. It is very quite different from normal webmail. It connects your QuickBooks account with webmail account. You need not enter the password again and again whenever mail is sent.So, it is better to enter secure webmail to QuickBooks
By following above simple steps, you can easily set up email service in QuickBooks Desktop.If you have any query related to email set up in QuickBooks account, you can QuickBooks customer support for further guidance. You can call on Tollfree number or write a direct email to QuickBooks Technical Support team.