QuickBooks software is integrated with simple payroll direct deposit features that help to organize your company data in an easy way. In this post, we are going to discuss how to Set up, Edit, and Remove Direct Deposit for Employees in QuickBooks.
With direct deposit feature in QuickBooks software, you can pay to your employees through direct deposit for as little as 15 cents. We will discuss step by step procedure for Set up, Edit, and Remove Direct Deposit for Employees in QuickBooks.
Requirements – Set up, Edit, and Remove Direct Deposit for Employees
Check out certain requirements for direct deposit before discussing Set up, Edit, and Remove Direct Deposit for Employees in QuickBooks
- Your Employees who want direct deposit have to fill out a Direct Deposit Authorization form.
- Your employees should also provide you with a voided check from their bank account (not a deposit slip).
- Both authorization form and voided check are for your records only purposes
- You need not submit them to QuickBooks Desktop.
Set up, Edit, and Remove Direct Deposit for Employees
Below we will discuss how to Set up, Edit, and Remove Direct Deposit for Employees. So let us begin:
Steps – Login to the Employee Work Center
You can manage your own direct deposit information as an employee. Below are steps to help you with the login process
- The first step is to open the work day window
- You have to enter your User Name, press tab, and then type your password.
- Next step is to Click on Sign In, or hit enter.
- click on your name, At the top right of the page,
- Now you have to click on View Profile button.
- click the related actions icon to the right of your name, On your Profile page,
- click on Maintain Payment Elections on the Go to Personal Data
Steps – To set up an employee for direct deposit
We will discuss how to Set up, Edit, and Remove Direct Deposit for Employees. First, let us check out steps for setting up an employee for direct deposit:
- open the QuickBooks Desktop,
- choose the Employees option
- to open your employee list, click on Employee Center
- In this step you have to Double-click the employee’s name.
- Select Payroll Info tab and you have to Click on the Direct Deposit button.
- Select Use Direct Deposit for [employee’s name], In the Direct Deposit window
- You have to select the number of accounts: Use 1 Account or Use 2 Accounts.
- Type the employee’s financial institution information such as Routing No, Bank Name, Account type and Account number.
- You have to enter the amount or percentage that the employee wants to deposit to the first account in the Optional Amount field, If you chose to deposit into two accounts
- The remainder will go to the second account.
- to save the information, Click on OK
Steps – Changing Employees current direct deposit information
You can update the employee’s checking account info on the same page wherever you set it up. You want to try this before making a bank check for the employer.
Paychecks created before you updated the employee’s account info are deposited into the recent checking account. To avoid this, you’ll be able to delete and recreate the paychecks before causing them to get the picture, otherwise, you can:
- The first step is to Open the paycheck
- Click on Paycheck Detail window.
- You have to Uncheck the Use Direct Deposit option on the paycheck detail
- Next step is to click on Save. Again click on Save & Close.
- You have to again Open the paycheck again and choose the Use Direct Deposit option.
- Again click on Save.
Steps – To Disable direct deposit temporarily
We have discussed how to Set up, Edit, and Remove Direct Deposit for Employees. Let us check out steps to disable direct deposit in QuickBooks temporary:
- The first step is to Locate and then open the paycheck.
- You have to click on Paycheck Detail.
- You need to clear the Use Direct Deposit checkbox.
- Click on OK.
- from the Memo field on the face of the Paycheck, Try to Remove the phrase Direct Deposit
- Click on Save & Close.
- If a message is displayed saying that this action is not recommended because it will affect bank reconciliation. In this case bank, Direct Deposit paychecks are automatically marked as reconciled for your help.
- You have to click below for additional steps so that you can manually reconcile this paycheck with your other bank transactions.
Steps – To delete/ remove direct deposit from an Employee Profile
Check out the steps for how to remove or delete direct deposit from an employee profile:
- The first step is to click on Employees
- Then you have to select Employee Center.
- You have to Double-click on the name of the employee whose profile you want to edit.
- In this step, you have to click on the Payroll Info tab.
- Select the Direct Deposit button.
- At last, you have to click in order to clear the box Use direct deposit for this employee.
Above we have discussed all the steps for how to Set up, Edit, and Remove Direct Deposit for Employees in QuickBooks. If you have issues related to Set up, Edit, and Remove Direct Deposit for Employees, you can directly contact QuickBooks support team. For quicker communication, you can call on their helpline number for free guidance.