Resolving QuickBooks Registration File Error – In this post we are going to discuss steps for Resolving QuickBooks Registration File Error. QuickBooks is a comprehensive accounting software solution developed with exceptional features such as bookkeeping, invoicing, etc integrated which makes the life of the businessmen easier. In this post check out the steps for Resolving QuickBooks Registration File Error
Though QuickBooks is a user-friendly software under certain circumstances they can also malfunction. The user can come across errors such as “Error: QuickBooks has a problem in reading this registration file”. In such a situation, the users can try and resolve the error by connecting with the Quickinfy the QuickBooks Customer Support for assistance. Below check out all the possible steps of Resolving QuickBooks Registration File Error.
Causes of QuickBooks Registration File Error
This error typically happens due to the reason that QuickBooks might have some damage within the MSXML element of the Windows. the opposite reason is:
- Problems with User Account management.
- The antivirus within the system is running whereas the QuickBooks software package is being put in or updated.
- Corrupt QuickBooks installation files.
Resolving QuickBooks Registration File Error
Check out the troubleshooting steps to for Resolving QuickBooks Registration File Error:
Solution 1:Turn on or Turn Off the User Account Control setting
For Windows 10, 8, 8.1 and 7:
- With the E key on the keyboard, Press the Windows icon along.
- Now the Computer window will open on the screen.
- Open the Control Panel and Open the drop-down menu
- You have to click on view option.
- Choose the Large icon option.
- Now Click on User Accounts.
- Now choose the Change User Account Setting option displayed on your system.
- Move the slider:
- Select the option Never Notify to turn UAC OFF.
- On the screen, Click on the OK option
- Now you will have to set the option Always Notify to turn UAC ON.
- Once the process is complete, you have to click on OK.
- Now you can Restart the system.
Solution 2: Fix the MSXML component
- On your desktop download and save the msxml.msi file
- Now you have to press the Windows key+R key on the keyboard.
- The Run window will get display on screen.
- Now type the exe/fvaum“%userprofile%\Desktop\msxml.msi”.
- Click on OK option now.
- Now the user will have to create the dat file.
- Now you have Register the MSXML DLL file now:
For Windows 10,8 and 8.1:
- Press the Windows key option and Type the cmd command.
- Now the prompt window can open. Right click on that and choose Run because of the Administrator.
- Then sort regsvr32 MSXML3.dllon the screen.
- Press the Enter key.
- On receiving the message “DllRegisterServer in msxml3.dll succeeded”, click on the OK option on the panel.
- Now, typeregsvr32 MSXML4.dll and press the Enter key on the keyboard.
- After receiving the “DllRegisterServer in msxml4.dll succeeded” message which is displayed on the screen, click on OK. (Just just in case MSXML4.dll don’t register, you would possibly get to shut down the User Account management. And when executing this method, don’t forget to show it on).
- Now, typeregsvr32 MSXML6.dll and press the Enter key on the keyboard.
- When you receive the message “DllRegisterServer in msxml4.dll succeeded”, click on an OK option.
- Now restart your QuickBooks Desktop.
The above two methods have been verified by Intuit’s certified QuickBooks experts. But there are certain circumstances where the user may encounter some error or have some query while working on the software. In those situation, they will seek help from the Quickinfy the QuickBooks Customer Support.