As far as security concerns in QuickBooks for financial data is very important. By using passwords or resetting the QuickBooks passwords regularly is useful in terms of identifying theft concerns and use of passwords has significantly increased.
You need to create an admin account when you install the QuickBooks software on your desktop or mobile. All you need to create an admin account to access the software. All the further operations can be carried out after you log into the software with your admin account.
Once you log in the admin account you are able to give QuickBooks desktop access to other users that are employees of your company. It is important to remember the password for the admin account. But sometimes if you forget then, you need not worry because there are different techniques that can be used to reset the passwords.
Some Tips to Remember Password for QuickBooks Admin and other Users
Your keyboard might not be working correctly. Take a stab at writing some content in another program
- Users can see an Incorrect Login screen. This screen that requests a secret word does not ask a client name is the manager’s login screen. If that screen shows up and you do not have administrator login, close QuickBooks, and after that restart it.
- The password may be blank. But QuickBooks Intuit does not suggest this practice, for security reasons. You Have to click on OK in the login screen without entering a secret key. (In multi-users, you’ll get the blank screen in admin password)
- Accessibility Settings can prevent a password from being accepted. To click this:
- Click on the Windows Start and select Control Panel.
- Select Accessibility Options from there.
- Be beyond any doubt none of the cases all the tabs have to examine.
4. Caps Lock and Num Lock gave an impact on the password.
5. Passwords cannot contain spaces Reappear the secret word without spaces.
How to Reset Password for QuickBooks Admin and other Users
You already know your password and wants to change it
- Open your company file
- Choose Company > Set Up Users and Passwords> Change Your Password.
- In the Current Password field, enter your current password.
- In the New Password field and the Confirm New Password field, enter your new password.
- Click on OK.
When you have lost or forgotten your password
Solution 1: Reset Admin password using security Question
- In the QuickBooks Desktop login screen, choose I forgot my password.
- Click on Answer the security question and click OK.
- Click on Close when you see the following message on your screen: “Your password and challenge answer and question have been removed, and your company file is no longer password-protected. When this window will close, you will be asked to create a new password and select answer your challenge question.”
- The Change QuickBooks Password window will appear. Click on Enter a new password and new challenge question.
- Click OK. You will file open.
Solution 2: Reset Admin password using a reset code
- Select the tool based on the version of QuickBooks you are using
- From the QuickBooks version, select your version of QuickBooks Desktop.
- Fill in the QuickBooks license number and business info used when registering QuickBooks then click Submit.
- Accept the license agreement and click the Download
- On the next screen, click the Download Now
- Enter the token number you received via email in theToken Number
- Select the same QuickBooks version in the QuickBooks Products drop-down menu.
- Click Browse for Company File and select the company file that you want to reset the password for.
- Enter your new password in the New Password Confirm Password fields and Click on Reset Password.
Changing another user’s password
Only the QuickBooks Administrator has right to change another users password can do this.
- Log in to the company file as the administrator.
- Go to the Company menu, click Set Up Users and Passwords, and then click Set Up Users.
- If prompted, enter your password again.
- In the User List, select the user whose password you want to change.
- ClickEdit User.
- Enter the new password, first in the Password field and then in the Confirm Password field.
- Click Next twice and then click Finish.
If you do not remember your security answer to reset the password, then the better way to rest the QuickBooks Desktop admin password is to use reset code. Before proceeding further you need to remember QuickBooks license number, the mane of authorized contact, phone number, zip code and email.
This post will surely help you- How to Reset Password for QuickBooks Admin and other Users. You need to follow the above-discussed steps to reset the password. If you have any query or you are not to able to reset the password then you need to call or just email to QuickBooks desktop customer support team.