Record Donations Received using Standard Sales Forms – QuickBooks is an accounting and financial software program used to manage sales and expenses and keep track of daily business transactions. Below we are going to discuss How to Record Donations Received using Standard Sales Forms
QuickBooks is used to invoice customers, pay bills, tax filing, and generate reports for planning and more. The QuickBooks product line includes several resolutions that work great for anyone from a solopreneur to a mid-sized business.
Record Donations Received using Standard Sales Forms
Below we are going to discuss How to Record Donations Received using Standard Sales Forms
Step 1: Edit the title of a standard sales form
- At the top, Select the Gear icon
- select Custom Form Styles, Under Your Company.
- Search the form you want to edit, then select Edit in the Action column.
- Don’t see the form you want to edit? select the New style drop-down, At the top right, then choose which form you’d like to change the title for.
- Give your custom template an appropriate name (example: Donations template), Under Design
- Select the Content tab.
- select the pencil (edit) icon, At the header section of the form,
- check Form names, Under Content.
- Change the name of the Invoice or Sales Receipt to “Donation.”
- Click on Done.
Important: By Replacing the Form name you can only change the title on the form itself. The term Invoice or Sales Receipt is still used in the rest of QuickBooks Online.
Step 2: Record donations received
As a Sales Receipt
If you need a printable receipt, record donation as a Sales Receipt.
- At the top, click on the Plus icon (+)
- Under Customers, click on the Sales Receipt.
- At the bottom, select Customize, then you have to select your donations template.
- Enter the donation details, then click on Save.
As a Bank Deposit
If you don’t need a printable receipt, record donation as Bank Deposit.
- Select the Plus icon (+) at the top.
- Under Other, you have to click on the Bank Deposit.
- you need to enter the donation details, Under Add other funds to this deposit,
- Now click on Save and new or Save and close.
As an Invoice
If you need to keep a running register for each donor, record donation as Invoice, then Receive Payment. Using this process will run transactions through Accounts Receivable, Creating a register for each donor.
To record the invoice:
- Click on the Plus icon (+) at the top.
- Under Customers, select the Invoice.
- At the bottom, select Customize, then click on donations template.
- in the form, Enter the donation details.
- Click on Save.
To receive payment:
- At the top, Select the Plus icon (+)
- Under Customers, you have to choose Receive Payment.
- Click on the donor.
- choose the invoice or donation received, Under Outstanding Transactions.
- Once done, click on Save and new or Save and close.
We hope that at end of this post you have learned how to Record Donations Received using Standard Sales Forms. In case you face any errors you can contact the Quickinfy. Our team of advisors is always ready to help you.