If you have a business, much of your business data would be depending on QuickBooks. QuickBooks is an application that manages your expenses, monitors your cash flow, inventory details, and builds invoices and many more.
Todays in the world of technology there would be hardly any business that is not using QuickBooks to track their data of accounting and finance.Apart from its wonderful features, QuickBooks is also an application that is prone to give some errors as other software applications.
One of the errors that users face is an unrecoverable error in QuickBooks.In this post, you will all the information of what is an unrecoverable error, what is the cause of the unrecoverable error and also the troubleshooting steps to resolve the error.
What is QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error?
While trying to open the QuickBooks data file. If you are getting the QuickBooks unrecoverable error, this means that the program might encounter a critical application faults.
You will see the error message while you open the QuickBooks file as “QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close”. The error codes consist of 10 digits that get displayed as ‘5 digits <space> 5 digits’ sequence (xxxxx xxxxx).
Causes of QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error
The following are the main causes behind the occurrence of QuickBooks unrecoverable error while you are trying to open the QuickBooks file.
- When the application is closed and there are a number of windows open on the system.
- incomplete installation of an update (QuickBooks and Windows updates)
- data damage,
- program code that needs repairing
- System or computer issues.
Troubleshooting Steps for QuickBooks unrecoverable error
Check out the different methods to resolve the issue of QuickBooks unrecoverable error
Solution1: Stop QuickBooks from attempting to open all Windows during Start-up
- Double-click on the QuickBooks icon and press the Alt key.
- The application may then ask for the user password.
- Enter the User password after releasing the Alt key.
- Click on OK.
- A file will open, press Alt key again.
- Wait till the file opens completely and release the Alt key.
Solution2: Open a sample file
- Press the Ctrl key while double-clicking QuickBooks application icon.
- Continue pressing the Ctrl key till the application displays the ‘No Company Open’
- Click ‘Open a sample file’.
- Select one of the sample files and open it.
Solution 3: Re-register QuickBooks files
- First, Close QuickBooks
- Go to the Run option from Start Menu & type bat to re-register.
- Restart your computer
- Reopen QuickBooks.
Solution 4: Update QuickBooks
- Press the Ctrl key while opening QuickBooks.
- Click Help –> Update QuickBooks.
- On the ‘Update QuickBooks’ screen, click Update Now.
- Select the New Features
- Click Get Updates.
- After the update is complete, exit the application.
Solution 5: Troubleshoot QuickBooks
If any of the above-mentioned solutions don’t be helpful, try these fixes such as:
- Run Reboot.exe:
- Run QuickBooks repair tool.
- Use QuickBooks clean installation
- If any of the solutions doesn’t work, select repair Microsoft.NET Framework.
We believe that one of the above-discussed solutions will surely help you to resolve the QuickBooks unrecoverable error. However, if you are still facing the issue, you need to contact QuickBooks Technical Support team for further help.