QuickBooks Point of sale is a program that helps in easy access to information for the businesses that matters a lot for them. QBPOS is designed for retail stores in such a way that is easy to use, cost-effective, and a good way to boost your bottom line.QuickBooks Point of sale helps in keeping a record of inventory, sales, and customer data.
One of the common errors in QuickBooks Point of Sale is store exchange file error.Store exchange is the process of exchange of data between headquarters and remote stores. The data transferred between stores is known as mailbag.
What is QuickBooks POS Store Exchange Error?
In Exchange for Data, error users are unable to receive mailbags although there are unfinished mailbags due to this error. Users will get anyone of the following errors while trying to run QuickBooks Point of Sale.
Type of Error in Store Exchange Error in QPOS
QuickBooks Pos Error code 175411: You have entered a license number which is already used by another store
- QuickBooks Pos Error code -193: Primary key for dept keywords is not unique
- QuickBooks Pos Error code 175414: An error detected while copying file
- QuickBooks Pos Error code 175305: Errors were encountered, select VIEW LOG for details
Causes of Store Exchange Error
- You are trying to process in a mailbag from one Headquarters file to another Headquarters file.
- When you are not logged into Windows as an administrator.
- Same license number is used for multiple stores
- When there occurs Mismatch of store exchange password in Remote Store and the Headquarters.
- Compatibility issues with the Windows.
- Windows Firewall hinders the Store Exchange process
Troubleshooting Steps for different types of Store Exchange Error
1. QuickBooks Pos Error code 175411: You have entered a license number which is already used by another store
This error occurs when you have entered a license number which is already used by another store or same license number is used by multiple remote stores.
Solution: Reset to default settings
- From the File menu, select Company and click Preferences.
- Click I Want to select Reset to a Default setting.
- Click Store Exchangeand Configure.
- Click Save.
2. QuickBooks Pos Error code -193: Primary key for dept keywords is not unique
This error occurs when primary key for department keywords is not unique
Solution 1: Compress Database and perform store exchange
Solution 2: Locate and merge duplicate customers from each location
Solution 3: General Troubleshooting for Store Exchange errors
3. QuickBooks Pos Error code 175414: An error detected while copying file
This error occurs while copying a file to %s for %s
- Close your Point of Sale.
- Right-click the Point of Sale icon on your desktop and select Run as Administrator.
- Run the Store Exchange.
- Open an internet browser outside of Point of Sale to ensure your internet connection works. If it doesn’t, contact your IT.
- Create a new Windows Administrator user to ensure the Windows Profile you are using is not damaged.
- Run the Store Exchange
4. QuickBooks Pos Error code 175305: Errors were encountered, select VIEW LOG for details
This error occurs while sending files dialog
- First of all, check that you are logged as an administrator into windows
Solution 2 :
- If there is some other message in the log
- Click Ok to the error dialog box
- Click View Log and identify the errors listed
- If the error still exists verify whether the file qbpos.exe has been added as an exception in the Windows Firewall.
In this article, we have provided common error messages related to file storage error and you are most likely to get them while the exchange of data between headquarters and stores. We have discussed all the different factors that can contribute towards these errors and the steps you need to take to resolve them.