QuickBooks Point of sale is one of the best and most advanced software provided by Intuit. It is mainly used by small and medium-size businesses. With the help of QBPOS features, business owners can track all their work easily. Every year QuickBooks is updated by Intuit and it is one of the best advantages as new features are added to the QuickBooks.
Like some errors occur in other software, in QuickBooks users face the same issue. One of the error in QBPOS is Error 100060. This error mainly occurs while running a financial exchange in QuickBooks Point of Sale. The error displayed on the screen is “QuickBooks POS could not create some necessary accounts in your QuickBooks Financial Software.”
In this post, Quickinfy is going to discuss what QuickBooks Point of Sale Error – 10060 exactly is, what are causes of this error and what troubleshooting steps should be taken to resolve this issue.
What is QuickBooks Point of Sale Error 100060?
While using QuickBooks Point of Sale, you will see the error code 100060. This error means that QuickBooks POS could not create some essential accounts in your QuickBooks Financial Software. This error is displayed when running a financial exchange for the first time for an account.
Causes of QuickBooks Point of Sale Error 100060
This is happening mainly for two reasons
- During the first Financial transaction, the account might already be active at the QuickBooks Point of Sale
- The user currently signed into QuickBooks without QuickBooks administrator permissions.
Troubleshooting QuickBooks Point of Sale Error 100060
There are two solutions to resolve the QuickBooks Point of Sale Error 100060
If, during the first Financial transaction the account might already be active at the QuickBooks Point of Sale then follow the troubleshooting steps below to resolve the error 10060
- Open the QuickBooks Financial software.
- Go to Edit select Preferences then go to Accounting.
- Go to Company Preferences and clear the ‘Use account numbers’ checkbox.
- Click OK
- Then from QuickBooks Point of Sale, perform a Financial Exchange.
- In QuickBooks, go to Edit and then in Preferences over to Accounting.
- Click Company Preferences and select Use account numbers check box to reactivate the account number feature.
- Click OK.
The user logged into QuickBooks may not have QuickBooks administrator permissions. To resolve this issue follow the given troubleshooting steps:
- On your QuickBooks Desktop, choose File > Close Company/Logoff.
- Log in to the company file as the administrator
- Choose Windows > Close All.
- In QuickBooks Point of Sale, go to File > Preferences > Company.
- Choose Accounts under Financial preference and verify that all accounts under the Basic and Advanced tab have no brackets.
- If any account field contains brackets but you cannot find the appropriate account from the drop-down list, create the account in QuickBooks Desktop:
- In QuickBooks Desktop, go to Lists > Chart of Accounts.
- Click Account and select New.
- Choose the appropriate account type and name the account, filling out additional fields as desired.
- Click Save & Close and close chart of accounts.
- In QuickBooks Point of Sale, close and re-open the Company Preferences window and choose Accounts to check both basic and advanced tab. There should be no brackets at this time.
Hope this post about QuickBooks Point of Sale Error 100060 will be helpful to you in resolving this error. In case if Error 100060 still persists contact QuickBooks Point of Sale Tech support. The Support team will resolve all your issues related QuickBooks within few minutes. You can contact QBPOS support team anytime and ask any questions from well-experienced experts.