Solved: Custom P&L: how can I show only the “parent account” full total? If I don’t select the sub-accounts too, then nothing shows in the P&L. I know this can be done in desktop
here is the solutions:
Since the QuickBooks Online v1602 update, we now have Redesigned Reports. Just turn it on and you’ll experience a new and easier navigation of the reports including the ability to Collapse or Expand. You will be able to expand parent accounts showing the totals for all the sub-accounts.
To turn on Redesigned Reports:
- Go to the Gear icon in the upper right corner.
- Click QuickBooks Labs under Settings.
- Scroll to find Redesigned Reports. (The button to the right will show that it’s Off)
- Click the button to turn it On. (A pop-up will appear with the words “Redesigned Reports undefined activated”)
- Click Done in the lower right corner.
When you open the Profit and Loss Report, you’ll now see little triangles to the left of parent accounts’ names. Click on a little triangle to collapse or expand an account group.