QuickBooks Payroll is an accounting and financial tool to manage data of your business. With QuickBooks you can manage customers data, payments, accounts, loses, inventory and much more. In this post, we will discuss QuickBooks Payroll Error 30159. QuickBooks software helps you maintain company data in an easy and organized manner.
There are different types of error that can occur in QuickBooks while using payroll feature. One of the common errors is QuickBooks Payroll Error 30159.This error can hamper your work when you are using the QuickBooks in case you do not solve the troubles in time.
The error with the QuickBooks payroll subscription is called the error 30159 which occurs when you are trying to execute validation of the account and can occur from time to time. In this post, we will discuss how to fix QuickBooks Payroll Error 30159 and also what are the main causes of this error.
What is QuickBooks Payroll Error 30159?
QuickBooks Payroll error 30159 is one of the payroll errors that is mainly caused because of improper set up of the system files in your Windows operating system. Follow the steps to fix the QuickBooks Payroll Error 30159 both through the manual and automatic process.
This error code format is commonly used by Windows and other programs with Windows compatibility. This specific error code is also used by the retailer to detect the actual cause of the error.
Causes – QuickBooks Payroll Error 30159
Check out the following reasons that lead to QuickBooks Payroll Error 30159
- Damaged Windows system files.
- Incomplete installation
- Partial / improper deletion of programs or hardware.
- Some virus or malware attack.
- Deletion or corruption of the entries in the windows system files.
- The damaged system file will lead to misleading of information.
- Misconfigure system files in your windows OS.
Operating System in which QuickBooks Payroll Error 30159 occurs
QuickBooks Payroll Error 30159 can occur in any of the following Microsoft Windows operating systems:
- Windows 10
- Windows 8
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP
- Windows ME
- Windows 2000
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 30159
Following are the symptoms of QuickBooks Payroll Error 30159
- Your computer system crashes frequently with this error when running the same program.
- The system run and performs slowly.
- The error appears and crashes the active program.
- It is displayed on the window screen.
Fix – QuickBooks Payroll Error 30159
Check out the solutions how to fix QuickBooks Payroll Error 30159
Solution 1: Advanced Computer User Solution (Manual update):
- Turn on your computer
- Log on to as an administrator on your system
- Click on All Programs
- Select Accessories
- Click on System Tools
- Choose the System Restore
- Select Go to new window
- You need to Choose “Restore my computer to an earlier time” option
- Click on next.
- Choose the recent system restore point from the “On this list, click a restore point” list
- Click on Next.
- Click on next in the confirmation window.
- once restore process is done, Restart the computer
Solution 2: Computer User Solution for a New User (Fully Automated):
- Download QuickBooks Payroll Error 30159 repair utility.
- Install the program on your system
- Click on Scan to start scanning.
- Select Fix Errors button once scanning is completed.
- You need to Restart your computer.
- This QuickBooks Payroll fully automated tool is featured to scan and diagnose the repairs and resolve your windows operating system registry structure.
Solution 3: How to run Disk Cleanup in Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, and 10
- Click the Start button.
- Type “command” in the search box.
- While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard and press ENTER.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box. Click on Yes.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type “cleanmgr” and press ENTER.
- Disk Cleanup will begin calculating how much occupied disk space.
- The Disk Cleanup dialog box will appear with series of checkboxes you can select.
- In some cases, the “Temporary Files” category will occupy the most disk space.
- If you want to clean, check the boxes of the categories and click OK.
Solution 4: To use System Restore in Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, and 10
- Click on the Start button on your desktop
- In the search box, type “System Restore”
- Press ENTER.
- Click on System Restore.
- Enter administrator passwords
- Follow the step by step procedure in the Wizard to choose a restore point.
- Restore your computer.
Solution 5: To add EIN to your company file
- The first step is to Log into QuickBooks.
- Click on Employees > Select Payroll.
- Click on ‘Use My Existing Payroll Service.
- A new window will open with the title of ‘Account Maintenance.
- You need to click on Add File.
- Mark the radio button against Add to Subscription Number xxxxxxxxxxxxxx ACCOUNTANT.
- If there is no such option or the radio button is disabled then you already have an active EIN number for that company.
- Click on Next.
- Review all the information.
- Select Return to QuickBooks.
Above in the post, we have discussed QuickBooks Payroll Error 30159. We have mentioned about what QuickBooks payroll error 30159 is, what are the causes and symptoms of error and finally what resolution steps should be taken to resolve this error. If you have any further questions and queries related to this error you can contact QuickBooks payroll support for free guidance.