QuickBooks Error: Server Busy – QuickBooks Error Server Busy occurs when you working on QuickBooks Desktop. To fix this Error, read the blog and follow the given steps. You can also take help from Intuit certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor at toll-free. Let’s begin with the cause of this error:
Why does QuickBooks Error busy server happen?
- Another program that is trying to work on QuickBooks Desktop is waiting for your feedback.
- See the Windows Update is running in the background or not.
- QuickBooks Desktop or some of its components were not completely closed when the last time you closed.
- Multiple computers have been set up to host QuickBooks Desktop Company file.
- Firewall or other security software is blocking the QuickBooks Desktop update.
- There is a conflict between the QuickBooks Update Manager and any other program on the computer.
- A conflict with Intuit ProSeries (US) or profiles (Canada) can be a cause of conflict.
- Your network does not have enough resources to run the QuickBooks Desktop.
Fix QuickBooks Error: Server Busy:
Check your network resources. Then open the QuickBooks again. If you still receive the error message, proceed with the following solution.
Solution 1: Close All Open Program
- If you have a program open, make sure there is no dialogue box in that program.
For example, a dialog box can open in Microsoft Word that is asking you to save the document. This is one reason that the server busy message may appear.
- These programs have the reason of this error: Norton, Google Desktop, Windows Defender, Vista Security, Pivot Software Control.
- If you try to use selective startup in Windows, you should stop IntuitFCS.
- Webroot Spy Sweeper can cause this message. Disable Spy Sweeper temporarily while using QuickBooks Desktop, or run it in Gamer Mode. For more information, see them in Webroot Spy Sweeper User Guide.
Solution 2: Check If Windows is Updating or Not
On your Windows taskbar system tray, see whether Windows is installing updates or not. If it is or needs to be installed, let it be done. Restart your computer directed by Windows. If no updates are going on, proceed with the next solution.
Solution 3: Check and Close all QuickBooks Desktop Components
- Close your data file and exit the QuickBooks desktop.
- Do right-click on the window taskbar and select task manager.
- Click on the Process tab.
- Finish one of the following related processes related to QB if they are listed. (Select each process and then click Finish Process.)
Solution 4: Remove the QuickBooks Update Agent displaying the “Server busy” message
- Open the start menu and select the All programs after select Startup.
- Right-click on the QuickBooks Update Agent, select Delete and then click Delete Shortcut.
- You have to Turn off all shared updates in QuickBooks Desktop:
- Go to Help menu and press on Update QuickBooks.
- Then, press on the Options window.
- Go for the Share Download option, choose No then close.
If Intuit ProSeries is installed on the computer
- Check Windows Task Manager for QbpsevntXXr.exe (which is the year of XX Intuit ProSeries software).
Note the year of an executable (XX) in a file name.
- Open Explorer Browser.
- Find the and open Intuit ProSeries folder for that year. It is usually C: \ ProWinXX (XX is the year of Intuit ProSeries).
- Open 32-bit folder.
- Locate qbpsevntXXr.exe, right-click and select Rename.
- Add “.old” to the end of the renamed file.
- Close Windows Explorer.