Quickbooks Error Code C=272 – In this post we are going to discuss all the causes and troubleshooting steps to fix Quickbooks Error Code C=272. QuickBooks is the most advanced and downloaded accounting software out there to manage company data in an organized manner. However, QuickBooks users face some errors. One of the common error faced by QuickBooks users is Quickbooks Error Code C=272
QuickBooks provides a variety of tools and options to spice up up your work whereas reducing human effort. The data is protected by multiple layers of intrinsical security that’s provided by savvy QuickBooks. althoughQuickBooks is extremely secure you ought to forever keep an information Backup.
All your operations information, Payroll information, client information is held on QuickBooks and if somehow that gets corrupted or broken, you would possibly get into tons of hassle. that may not solely damage your business however you may additionally lose your customers. that’s the rationale savvy recommends keeping an information Backup in the slightest degree times and taking an information backup when each few weeks.
When running the Verify Data Utility or the Rebuild Data utility, or when running a memorized report, the following error occurs: QuickBooks Error Code: C=272
Causes of the QuickBooks Error Code C=272:
There is more than one cause of Quickbooks Error Code C=272 and these have been mentioned below.
- The Quickbooks Error Code C=272 may occur by data damage or when the QuickBooks software attempts to navigate a report or report-like data.
- If restarting the QuickBooks software and repeating the action does not fix the error and it appears again, the cause of Quickbooks Error Code C=272 is possibly the damaged data.
- Quickbooks Error Code C=272 may also occur when 1099 and W2 forms (V6.OD R1 [M=1477, L5203, C=43, V=2(2)) are printed.
- Running a memorized report that was created in an earlier version of QuickBooks and did not convert properly.
- The Verify or Rebuild utility encounters a target “bit set” that is outside of the expected range.
How to fix Quickbooks Error Code C=272
To resolve this issue, first rule out data damage by trying to open a QuickBooks sample company file. If the error still occurs, disable Windows compatibility mode.
- Open a QuickBooks sample company file:
- On your keyboard while you open QuickBooks, Press and hold the Ctrl key
- When the No Company Open window appears, Release the Ctrl key
- If the error occurs before the No Company Open window appears, proceed to next step
- Click Open a sample file in the No Company Open window and you have to select any one of the sample files in the list.
- your company file may be damaged, If the sample company file opens without displaying the error. Refer to “Verifying and rebuilding QuickBooks company data” or restore your company file from a backup.
- If the error occurs when opening the sample company file, proceed with next step and 3 to disable Windows compatibility mode.
- Disable the Windows compatibility mode setting for the QuickBooks desktop shortcut icon:
- Right-click the QuickBooks shortcut icon on your Windows desktop and you have to select Properties.
- Click on the Compatibility tab.
- Clear the checkbox Run this program in compatibility mode for and click OK. click Cancel and proceed to step 3, If that checkbox is not selected,
- Disable the Windows compatibility mode setting for the QBW32.EXE file:
- Right-click the QuickBooks icon on your Windows desktop and click on Properties.
- to open the QuickBooks installation folder, Click the Shortcut tab and click Find Target
- Right-click QBW32.EXE and click on Properties.
- Click the Compatibility tab.
- Clear the checkbox Run this program in compatibility mode for and click OK.
- click Cancel, If that checkbox is not selected,
- Close the Windows Explorer window and the QuickBooks desktop shortcut properties window.
- Now you have to Open QuickBooks and your company file.