QuickBooks accounting software provides tools to manage your company data such as customers, vendors, clients, inventory, and finances. In this post, we are going to discuss QuickBooks Error code C=1304 File Repair & Data Recovery.
With QuickBooks, you can keep tracking of data related to sales, income, expenses and overall company growth. QuickBooks manages the growth of your business by automatically calculating sales tax, tracking inventory and updating transactions in your register, customer and vendor areas.
QuickBooks has many features used by contractors, manufacturers, accounting, hospitals, retailers and many more. But sometimes it happens that QuickBooks also give some errors. One of the common error that occurs in QuickBooks is QuickBooks Error code C=1304 File Repair & Data Recovery
What is QuickBooks Error code C=1304 File Repair & Data Recovery?
QuickBooks Error code C=1304 File Repair & Data Recovery Indicates mainly occurs while you are updating QuickBooks or installing the QuickBooks software. When the error occurs on your system, it displays following error message” error writing to file (filename)”.
Causes of QuickBooks Error code C=1304 File Repair & Data Recovery
QuickBooks Error code C=1304 File Repair & Data Recovery can be caused due to following reasons:
- Problem with the CD drive itself is the first causes of this error occurrence
- damaged CD is another cause of QB error C=1304
- Damaged Microsoft .net component is the third caused by QB error C=1304
- Error writing to file allow that you have admission to that directory also causes QB error C=1304
Fix QuickBooks Error code C=1304 File Repair & Data Recovery
Below we will discuss different solutions to fix QuickBooks Error code C=1304 File Repair & Data Recovery
Solution 1: Copy the installation files from the CD to the hard drive
- The first step is to Copy the installation files from the CD to the hard drive:
- Insert the QuickBooks CD into the CD drive.
- If the installation starts automatically by itself, click on Quit.
- Right-click on the Windows Start button and select Explore.
- create a new folder in a convenient location, Before copying the installation files (for example, on the desktop) on the hard drive to which you will copy the installation files
- Select Desktop in the left pane of the open window.
- Windows Vista: Click the Organize drop-down arrow and choose New Folder.
- Windows XP: Choose File > New > Folder. Ii. When the new folder appears in the right pane, enter QuickBooks as the name for that folder.
- Browse to and right-click the QuickBooks CD, in the left pane, and choose Explore.
- Locate the QuickBooks and Third Party folders, and the setup.exe file, in the right pane.
- Select both folders and the file, Hit and hold the Ctrl key
- Right-click one of the highlighted folders and Choose Copy
- You created previously browse back to the QuickBooks folder.
- Right-click on the folder and choose Paste.
- Install QuickBooks you copied to your hard drive, From the folders
- Open the QuickBooks folder to which you copied the files.
- Double-click the setup.exe file (or setup if you do not view file extensions) to start the installation.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation.
Solution 2: Scan the Computer with Reimage Repair Tool
This Reimage repair tool that can be downloaded free of cost as well as it is easy to use. Reimage repair tool scans, detects and repairs your computer for the system to resolve error related to QuickBooks. Let us check out the steps how this works
- Download Reimage Repair Tool from the connect under.
- Save the file to your Desktop that we can right of entry the file easily.
- Reimage Repair Tool Download Link (right-click and save to your Desktop)
- After downloading this tool, navigate to the file location and double-click it.
- This will begin the installation procedure.
- if you non-existence to control the program, User Account Control will prompt click Yes to continue.
- It will display a welcome screen, On initial screen of this tool,
- Leave the checkbox unpicked to allow the repair tool to start an automatic scan
- To start the installation procedure, Click Install
- Reimage will now install itself on your computer.
- This tool will download necessary updates to the Internet connection is must at this point.
- The tool will automatically begin a preliminary scan of your machine to help determine the health of your PC.
- Once the scan is complete Reimage repair tool will make known you which areas of your PC are damaged and if a repair is essential. I
- click Start Repair button in the bottom right corner.
- After this tool has completed, it’s repair your computer should be fixed.
- You have to need to restart your computer to complete the process
Solution 3: install QuickBooks from the folders you copied to your hard drive
Please follow the following steps to install QuickBooks from the folders you copied to your hard drive:
- The first step is to Open the new folder you copied the files
- You have to Double-click the setup.exe file
- if you do not view file extensions) to start the installation, click on Setup
- to complete the installation, Follow the onscreen instructions
We have discussed QuickBooks Error code C=1304 File Repair & Data Recovery. In this post, you can different steps to trouble QuickBooks Error code C=1304 File Repair & Data Recovery. We have given three solutions and you can choose one according to the efficiency of your error.
if you are not able to resolve this error by following steps, you don’t need to worry. You have to contact QuickBooks support team for further guidance.