QuickBooks Error 9998 – In this post, we are going to discuss error number Code 9998, commonly known as Quickbooks Error 9998 described as Error 9998. The following error message occurs.
Error 9998: QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Runtime QuickBooks Error 9998 occurs when QuickBooks fails or crashes whilst it’s running, hence its name. It doesn’t essentially mean that the code was corrupt in how, however simply that it didn’t work throughout its run-time. this sort of error can seem as associate degree annoying notification on your screen unless handled and corrected. Here we are going to discuss, causes and ways that to troubleshoot the matter.
Symptoms of Quickbooks Error 9998
Runtime errors happen unexpectedly. The error message will come back up the screen anytime QuickBooks is run. In fact, the error message or another dialogue box will come back up once more and once more if not addressed too soon.
There could also be instances of files deletion or new files showing. tho’ this symptom is essentially thanks to viral infection, it is often attributed as a symbol for a programming error, an endemic infection is one among the causes for a programming error. The user may additionally expertise an unexpected visit web association speed, yet again, this can be not continuously the case.
Causes of Quickbooks Error 9998
During software design, programmers code anticipating the prevalence of errors. However, there aren’t any good style, as errors may be expected even with the simplest program style. Glitches will happen throughout runtime if an exact error isn’t veteran and self-addressed throughout style and testing.
Runtime errors are usually caused by incompatible programs running at an equivalent time. it should conjointly occur due to memory drawback, a nasty graphics driver or viral infection. regardless of the case is also, the matter should be resolved in real time to avoid additional issues. Here are ways that to remedy the error.
How to fix QuickBooks Error 9998
Below you can check all the possible troubleshooting steps to fix QuickBooks Error 9998
Solution 1 – Close Conflicting Programs
- by clicking Ctrl-Alt-Del at the same time, Open Task Manager . This will let you see the list of programs currently running.
- Go to the Processes tab and by highlighting each program, stop the programs one by one and clicking the End Process button.
- each time you stop a process, You will need to observe if the error message will reoccur
- you may go ahead with the next troubleshooting step, reinstalling the application, Once you get to identify which program is causing the error
Method 2 – Update / Reinstall Conflicting Programs
- For Windows 7, you have to click the Start Button, then click Control panel, then Uninstall a program
- For Windows 8, you have to click the Start Button, then scroll down and click More Settings, then click Control panel > Uninstall a program.
- For Windows 10, you need to just type Control Panel on the search box and click the result, then click Uninstall a program
- Click the problem program and click Update or Uninstall, Once inside Programs and Features.
- However if you chose to Uninstall, you will follow the prompt to uninstall and then re-download or use the application’s installation disk to reinstall the program, If you chose to update, then you will just need to follow the prompt to complete the process.
Using Other Methods
- For Windows 7, when you click Start and scroll your mouse over the list that appear on the tab, you may find the list of all installed programs
- You may see on that list utility for uninstalling the program.
- You may go ahead and uninstall using utilities available in this tab.
- For Windows 10, you may click Start, then Settings, then click on Apps.
- Scroll down to see the list of Apps and features installed in your computer.
- You may choose to uninstall or click Advanced options to reset the application, Click the Program which is causing the runtime error.
Method 4 – Re-install Runtime Libraries
- find and highlight the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package, Uninstall the package by going to Programs and Features.
- Reboot your computer, Click Uninstall on top of the list, and when it is done,
- Download the latest redistributable package from Microsoft then install it.
We hope that by following above troubleshooting steps you will be able to fix QuickBooks Error code 9998. If you are not able to fix the error then you need to contact Quickinfy the QuickBooks support team.