QuickBooks Error 1601 – QuickBooks is one of the commonly used accounting software that helps to work with multiple users at one-time. In this post, we will discuss the QuickBooks Error 1601. Generally, this Error occurs when installation is not updating and the error code messages occur while working on this software. The error message is shown below
Error 1601: Windows Installer is not accessible
Reasons behind QuickBooks Error 1601
Reasons behind this QuickBooks Error 1601 are discussed below:
- Basically, these on top of error codes generates once the windows get infected with an endemic attack to associate software package.
- The issue is going to happen once QB downloading file is as a fault.
- MS Windows installer gets corrupted.
- No permission to put in the QB software system or a Windows OS.
- All files get bolted.
- It might be all programs area unit infected with malware result.
How to resolve QuickBooks Error 1601?
The QuickBooks Error Code 1601 can be resolved by restarting the computer, and trying out one or more of the following solutions:
- Start the computer, and click on ‘START’ and in the search window enter ‘msc’.
- On the screen that pops up, choose ‘SERVICES (LOCAL) and you have to right-click on ‘WINDOWS- INSTALLER and PROPERTIES
- Now, in properties on the ‘STARTUP-TYPE, check if it is ‘DISABLED’. If disabled, select ‘MANUAL’
- There, you have to click on ‘SERVICE STATUS’ and set it to ‘START’ to enable Windows.
- This resolution will solve the issue, If it was the Windows installer issue that made the Error 1601 appears. If not, proceed to the next solution.
- You have to Click on the Start button, then you have to enter “cmd” in the search box and press “Enter.” A new Command Prompt window will display.
- At the prompt, Type “msiexec /unregister” and press “Enter.”
- Type “msiexec /register” at the command prompt and press “Enter.”
- Now you have to Close the Command Prompt window.
- You need to Log out of Windows and restart the computer. You have to Install the program that caused the Windows Installer service error.
- Go to ‘START’ and you have to click on ‘WINDOWS+R’
- Now, in the command prompt, key-in the message ‘exe/unreg’ and click on ‘OK’
- A pop-up message asking for confirmation will appear. To confirm, you have to click on ‘OK’
- Again, click on ‘START and then click on WINDOWS+R
- Now, in the command prompt, you have to type ‘exe/regserver’ and click ‘OK’
- Once the confirmation message appears, click ‘OK’ to confirm and check if the error 1601 still persists or not, by installing QuickBooks software. If not, you need to try to download the new version of windows installer.
- Install Diagnostic tool, it resolves issues caused by various third-party applications like.NET Framework, MSXML, and C++.
- Now, start your system and sign in the system as Administrator.
- Open the browser in your PC and browse for QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- Click on install Diagnostic Tool Download link and save the file in the local desktop.
- Close background application.
- Double click on the QBInstall_Tool_v2.exe file and press the run as option.
- Lastly, it will run a complete scan on the system and repair all the issues.
Since QuickBooks software is used by small and medium-sized businesses and an interruption can cause a lot of delays, it is good to consult a QuickBooks expert to resolve the issue. With our QuickBooks tech support help available 24*7. The Quickinfy tech experts will be able to help you check out the problem and resolve this error immediately.