QuickBooks Error 15204 – QuickBooks Error Code 15204 occurs due wto improper download or installation of QuickBooks Payroll Updates. You would not be able to install the updates on your QB until you get rid of this error. It is very important that you keep your QuickBooks Updated to the latest release.
Intuit keeps a record of all the errors and bugs that are reported by Users from all over the world then fix the errors and bugs and releases the update. So if you do not download or install the updates, you will be struggling with the bugs and errors and at the last, you will have to upgrade your QuickBooks to a newer edition.
Best Ways To Fix The Error Code 15204
The Intuit Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors of Quickinfy recommend that you follow the solutions given below in the order they are. Also, try to download updates after each step so that you do not have to go through all the solutions.
Solution 1: Install Digital Signature Certificate
- Go to C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks or explore for the file QBW32.exe within the Windows file individual.
- Right-click on the file and so choose Properties.
- Click on Digital Signature choice and check that that apprehend, Inc. is chosen within the signature list.
- Now, head to Details > Digital Signature Details and so click on read Certificate.
- Click on Install Certificate.
- Keep clicking on Next till you get the end choice on your screen.
- Click on end and restart your laptop.
- Try to transfer the update once more.
Solution 2: Check Your Internet Connection And QuickBooks Settings
- Choose internet explorer because of the default browser.
- Ensure that your digital computer date and time is correct.
- Check the Cipher Strength.
- Update Settings by selecting Tools and so web choices.
Solution 3: Configuring Firewall Or Anti-Virus
If your Firewall is not configured to support QuickBooks, you will run into errors and issues on a regular basis. You have to ensure that your QuickBooks has access to both incoming and outgoing internet access.
If you are using QuickBooks Point of Sale then read: Firewall Configuration For QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale
Solution 4: Safe Mode
If the error is still showing on your screen then restart your computer and open QuickBooks in safe mode.
Solution 5: Run Windows System File Checker
- Click the Start button.
- Type “command” in the search box… DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
- While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Click Yes.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type “sfc /scannow” and hit ENTER.
- System File Checker will begin scanning for Error 15204 and other system file problems (be patient – the system scan may take a while).
- Follow the on-screen commands.
If the QuickBooks is still not responding then get in touch with us.We believe that the error should be resolved on your computer. If the error is still on your screen then get in touch with the Intuit Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors. All you have to do is dial the toll-free QuickBooks Payroll Tech Support Phone Number