QuickBooks Error 1311 occurs when users attempt to export a report from Financial Statement Designer to Microsoft Office Excel. This error also occurs when you are installing or updating QuickBooks desktop or this error also occurs if there is an issue with the CD drive or the disk.
The following message is displayed on the screen.
“Error 1311 Source file not found: D:\ZF561407.CAB. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it”
Causes of QuickBooks Error 1311
The following are the list of causes for QuickBooks Error 1311. Check out the list of causes of QuickBooks Error 1311 below:
- The version of Microsoft Office is not compatible with QuickBooks.
- The installation of Microsoft Office is damaged.
How to fix QuickBooks Error 1311
The following are the list of solutions for How to fix QuickBooks Error 1311. Check out the list of solutions below:
- The first step is to insert the QuickBooks CD into your CD-ROM drive.
- Click Quitin the lower-right corner, If the installation starts automatically,
- You have to Right-click the Windows Start button and click on Explore.
- Create a new folder in a convenient location (for example, on your desktop) on your hard drive to copy the files to, Before copying the installation files
- By clicking Desktop in the left pane of the open window, Create a new folder on your desktop
- click the Filemenu, With the location highlighted in the left pane, chooseNew, and then choose Folder.
- Enter a name for that folder, When the folder appears in the right pane, such as QuickBooks.
- Browse to the QuickBooks CD-ROM, In the left pane, right-click the CD-ROM drive and choose Explore.
- Locate the QBooks and ThirdParty folders, In the right pane, and theexe file.
- while clicking both folders and the file, Hold down the CTRLkey
- Right-click either of the highlighted folders and then click on Copy.
- You have to Browse back to new folder you created.
- Right-click that folder and click on Paste(It may take a few minutes to copy these folders from your CD to your hard drive.)
Windows 8, 7 or Vista
- To open the Computer window, On your keyboard, press Windows + E
- Click on Uninstall a or change a program.
- In Windows 8, at the top of the window click Computer
- Select and highlight Microsoft Office option
- You must install Microsoft Office to use Financial Statement Designer, If you do not see Microsoft Office2003 or later,
- click Change, At the top
- to repair Microsoft Office, Follow the onscreen steps
- you have to Click the Windows Start button, and then click Control Panel.
- You need to Double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Select and highlight Microsoft Office.
- you must install Microsoft Office to use Financial Statement Designer, If you do not see Microsoft Office2000 or later,
- Click on the Change button.
- To repair Microsoft Office, Follow the onscreen steps
- Choose Start and click on Settings
- Click on Control Panel
- Choose the Administrative Tools.
- Click on Local Security Policy and Expand the Local Policies folder.
- Choose Security Options.
- From the right pane, select one of the following, depending on Windows version,
- Devices: Restrict CD-ROM access to locally logged-on user only.
- Restrict CD-ROM access to locally logged-on user only.
- Change your selection to Disabled and you have to Reboot your PC.
- On the desktop, Create a folder
- You have to Insert the Photoshop Elements install disc into the DVD/CD-ROM drive.
- If the Autoplay window appears, you have to close it.
- Open My Computer (Windows XP) or Computer (Windows Vista).
- You have to Right-click the drive with the Photoshop Elements install disc in it, then click on
- On the desktop in Step 1, Copy the Adobe Photoshop Elements folder into the folder you created
- Eject the Photoshop Elements install disc, When the files finish copying
- open the Adobe Photoshop Elements folder, Open the folder you created in Step 1, and double-click Setup.exe to start the installation.
- To complete the installation, Follow the onscreen instructions
- Click Start and click on All Programs
- Click on
- Right-click Command Prompt and click on Run As Administrator.
- Type sfc /SCANNOW, In the Command Prompt window, and press Enter.
- type msiexec /unregin the Command Prompt window, When the system scan completes, and press Enter.
- Into the Command Prompt window, Type msiexec /regserver and press Enter.
- Now you have to Proceed with the Creative Suite product installation.
- Choose Start and click on Run (Windows XP) or Start and click on All Programs > Accessories > Run (Windows Vista).
- type msiexec /unreg, In the Open box, and then press Enter.
- Choose Start and click on Run (Windows XP) or Start > All Programs > Accessories > Run (Windows Vista).
- type msiexec /regserver, In the Open box, and then press Enter.
- You have to Reinstall the CS4 application.
The above-discussed solutions for QuickBooks Error 1311 will surely help the users to fix the error. We have mentioned six solutions and users have to follow all the solutions one by one in order to fix QuickBooks Error 1311. If the error does not get resolved after following the solutions then you have to contact QuickBooks support team by calling on their toll-free number.