QuickBooks Error 1303 – Here we discuss the steps to fix this error. Either you can follow the instruction to solve this QuickBooks Error 1303 or you can get help from our Intuit certified ProAdvisors to save your time and effort. Just dial our toll-free. The error 1303 occur when you installing Quickbooks. The installer has insufficient authority to access the directory like a path to the directory.
Table of Contents
Cause for the Error 1303
This error can occur when there are no full control privileges for the system group or the directory mentioned in the error in each group.
Now, In this section, we know the solution and method to fix the problem.
How to fix QuickBooks error 1303
There is 2 possible method to a solution for changing authority setting for the system and everyone group.
- A utility has been created that resets system groups and all group permissions settings to Windows default settings.
- Manually change the permissions for the system in full control and folder C: \ Documents and Settings \ All Groups for All Users.
Note for Vista Window: Due to differences in file structures and permissions, the utility will not work on Windows Vista. If you are facing this issue in Windows Vista, please manually adjust the permissions.
Running the utility-
A utility has been created that resets system groups and all group permissions settings to Windows default settings:
- Click on the Link: PermissionsFix.bat.
- Then choose save, and save file on the desktop of the affected system.
- After that double-click on the file, which can open the DOS window in desktop screen and you’ll kind “y” at prompt, Running this script can reset the permissions of the affected folders to the default settings. square measure you positive you would like to continue? (Y/N)
Note: You can type ‘y’ only lowercase(small letter) to initiate script. If you typing Y in uppercase you will return to an error.
- Once you file runs then press any key to exit DOS window.
- After doing all step you must insert the QuickBooks CD and try to install again.
Manually Adjusting Permission
To manually change permission you have full control for the system and everyone group for the folder C:\Documents and Settings\All Users.
For Microsoft Window Vista
There are few steps for changing permission-
- First of all, you’ll be able to click on the beginning button.
- The start menu opens you’ll be able to click within the begin Search space, currently enter the trailC:\ProgramData\COMMON FILES\ and
- click on OK or press Enter key. This action opens a window that displays the folder.
- In this Folder window, click on organize so choose Properties.
- In Property section, choose the protection window.
- Click on the Advanced button.
- After that click on Edit button and click on it once more on consequent screen.
Scroll down within the bottom of permission entries list and double-click on the system user.
- In the permit Columns, choose the checkbox for the complete management row and click on OK. Repeat steps seven and eight with every cluster (if it exists).
- Check the box labeled all existing heritage permissions on all descendants
- with inheritance permissions from this object. Click OK in each Advanced Security Settings window so within the COMMON FILES Properties window.
- Now Install QuickBooks.
If QuickBooks is still unable to install and error 1303 remains, please continue with the steps below to stop simple file sharing:
- You must do the correct click on the beginning button and select Explore.
- In the Explore tab, select Tool menu and choose Folder possibility.
- Click the read tab and scroll all the way down to the Advanced Settings list.
- Simple click on Use easy file sharing (recommended) to clear the box.
- Now, click Ok and install QuickBooks.
I hope this will help you to fix QuickBooks Error 1303, if not then get help from Intuit certified professionals, dial our toll-free QuickBooks Support number.