In this post, Quickinfy is going to discuss how to edit recurring templates in QuickBooks Online Essentials and Plus. Below check out the steps for how to edit recurring templates in QuickBooks
Edit a recurring template
- Choose the Gear icon at the top.
- Under Lists, click on Recurring Transactions.
- In the Action column, click on Edit.
- You can edit the Template name and Type.
- you can also change the Interval to change the date of your recurring template, If you are editing scheduled or Reminder template,
- You can specify how long you will be using it and if you want to be notified in advance.
- You have to Add all necessary product and/or service details.
- Click on Save Template.
What happens when you Edit a recurring template in QuickBooks
the changes you’re making will affect a recurring template, When editing and saving an item or customer, you’ll see the message “The matching Recurring Templates will be updated with your changes,”
- to save the item/customer, and update all relevant templates, Select OK
- without changing or saving anything, Select Cancel to stay on the item/customer form
- without affecting the templates, There is no option to save the Item/Customer
The fields that trigger Edit a recurring template in QuickBooks to be updated with new values include:
|Customer record fields||Credit card info||Name on card item fields|
What happens when you edit company settings used on a recurring template
QuickBooks Online update any recurring templates accordingly When you edit certain fields in Company Settings.
Unlike items or customers, when making changes to your company settings, you won’t see a recurring template message
These fields include:
- Account for tax
- Account for shipping
- Account for discount
- MAS deposit account
- Customer estimates message
- Customer sales forms message
- Sales tax rate
Sales tax exceptions:
- if you want to make all customers and items taxable, When you turn the on the Sales Tax preference, a dialog box appears to ask. Even if you say Yes, QuickBooks Online will not update any recurring templates.
- QuickBooks Online will not affect the recurring templates at all, When you turn the Sales Tax preference off,
Change the Service Date on a saved recurring transaction
The Service Date on a transaction created from a recurring template does not automatically populate. individually and manually enter the correct Service Date, Find each transaction.
To find a recently created transaction based on a template:
- Click on Report from the left menu.
- Search for and run the Recent Automatic Transactions report.
- At the top left, specify the reporting period, then click on Run report.
- You have to choose the individual transaction to display it, and then manually update the Service Date field to the date the service was actually performed.
- Click on Save.