Fix QuickBooks Desktop Update Errors – In this post, quickinfy is going to discuss all the possible troubleshooting steps to Fix QuickBooks Desktop Update Errors. The following instructions given below will provide you general troubleshooting information Fix QuickBooks Desktop Update Errors.
The following are the list of causes that lead to QuickBooks Desktop Update Errors:
- General Internet connectivity issues
- Internet security or personal firewall application settings
- Multiple instances of QuickBooks on the same computer
Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Desktop Update Errors
The following are the list of solutions to Fix QuickBooks Desktop Update Errors:
Solution 1: Check the system date and time on the computer.
- Right click on the clock in the bottom right corner of your desktop screen and choose the Adjust Date/Time.
- You have to click on Change date and time and choose today’s date and time.
- Click on OK twice.
- Close then reopen the QuickBooks Desktop.
- You have to Update QuickBooks Desktop.
Solution 2: Check your Internet Connection Settings.
- Test your secure Internet connection by opening a Web browser and going to Chase banking.
- you will not be able to get updates from QuickBooks, If you cannot open the Chase banking page. Contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP) for support.
- If you can view this Web site, start QuickBooks and continue with the following steps.
- Choose Help and click on Internet Connection Setup.
- You have to Select Use my computer’s Internet connection settings to establish a connection when this application accesses the Internet
- click on Next.
- You have to Click Advanced Connection Settings.
- Click the Restore Advanced Settings button, On the Advanced tab.
- Click OK then click on Done.
- You have to Update QuickBooks Desktop.
You have to check the configuration of your Internet security and personal firewall software settings. Ports 80 and 443 must be enabled, and access must be provided to the following files:
Set the specific firewall ports for your version of QuickBooks Desktop:
Solution 4: Multiple instances of QuickBooks on the same computer
If you have more than one installation of QuickBooks of the same version year installed on the same computer then Update errors can occur
- Go to the File menu, then click on Close Company/Logoff.
- If you open multiple company files in QuickBooks Desktop, you have to do this step for every company that is open.
- Go back to the File menu, then click on Exit.
- Right-click the QuickBooks Desktop icon on your desktop, then you have to click on Run as administrator.
- While on the No Company Open screen, go to the Help menu then select Update QuickBooks…
- Go to the Options tab, then click on Mark All. Select Save.
- Go to the Update Now tab, then you have to mark the Reset Update box.
- Click on Get Updates button.
- When Update Complete appears, you need to close QuickBooks Desktop.
- Reopen QuickBooks Desktop. Select Yes, If you get the message to install update.
- When the installation is complete, you have to restart your computer.
Option 1: Download and install automatic update NOW
- From the QuickBooks Help menu, select Update QuickBooks.
- Go to the Update Now tab, On the Update QuickBooks window. You can ignore the table because you don’t need to change anything.
- (Optional) Put a check mark in the box Reset Update box to erase all previous update downloads.
Note: This may increase the amount of time needed for the update.
- Select Get Updates.
- Restart QuickBooks. When prompted, accept the option to install the new release.
Option 2: Download automatically in the future
- Go to the Help menu, then click on Update QuickBooks.
- On the Update QuickBooks window, Go to the Options tab.
- To turn on automatic updates, Select the radio button for Yes.
- (Optional) select the radio button for Yes, To share automatic downloads with other computers on your network.
- Click on Close. QuickBooks will now download the update when it is released.
Hopefully, by following the above steps you will be able to Fix QuickBooks Desktop Update Errors. If you have any queries you can contact Quickinfy, we provide best QuickBooks Tech support services. You can contact us through online chat, email or by calling on toll free number.