QuickBooks for Mac desktop is a good choice if you want to run you’re accounting and financial data on apple operating system. In QuickBooks Desktop, we have a choice for choosing the different editions for our systems such as pro, premier, and enterprise. In QuickBooks for Mac do not have to make any choice. In this post, we will explain How to Export From QuickBooks Online To QuickBooks for Mac.
Export limitations – How to Export from QuickBooks Online to QuickBooks for Mac
1. Size Limitations
- There isn’t any known limitation for File Size for any file generated through the export process.
- As long as your system has enough disk space, it is set up to where it will not turn-off or sleep, you should be able to export all data.
- The only limitations would be only the size limitations of the Desktop program that are going to convert
2. Software Required
- You can export from QuickBooks Simple Start Online to QuickBooks Simple Start Desktop versions 2004 & 2005, but cannot export to versions 2006 or newer.
- QuickBooks desktop versions only use Internet Explorer and do not support any other browsers at this time.
- You can export from QuickBooks Online to QuickBooks Basic 2004 Release 5 or later, but cannot export to older versions.
- The most limitation to note down is you can’t export directly to any Mac versions of QuickBooks
- You can export to the Premier Nonprofit or Retail editions. For this, you need to perform extra steps
- Exporting from QuickBooks online requires QuickBooks editions such as Pro, Premier, or Enterprise 2004 or newer installed on your Windows-based computer.
Important points – How to Export from QuickBooks Online to QuickBooks for Mac
- You must be logged in as an admin user on both QuickBooks Online and Desktop to export from QB online to QB for Mac
- Exporting data is only available for the US-based product.
- Exporting is only supported from Windows computers running a 32-bit version of Internet Explorer 10 or higher and not directly by Mac users
How to Export From QuickBooks Online To QuickBooks for Mac
You cannot export QuickBooks online to QuickBooks for Mac directly. To export from QuickBooks online to Mac, you will first need to export to the QuickBooks for Windows version first, and then convert it to QuickBooks for Mac.
The Windows version of QuickBooks software has to be the same year or older than your Mac version. For example, if you want to export to Pro for Mac 2010, you’d need to have Pro 2010 for Windows or older.
If you have access to a Windows desktop version of QB software that is the same year or older than your Mac version, then you need to follow several steps.
If you don’t have access to a Windows desktop version that is the same year or older than your Mac version, contact QuickBooks Online Customer Care for other options.
Steps – How to Export from QuickBooks Online To QuickBooks for Mac
Check out the following simple few steps for how to export from QuickBooks online to QuickBooks for Mac
Run both QuickBooks Desktop and Internet Explorer as the Administrator. You need to login in both as admin even if you are logged in to your computer as the Admin.
In internet explorer select the security tab and Turn off Protected Mode from Internet Options (Alt+X). after doing this you will have to close and reopen Internet Explorer for Protected Mode to be truly disabled.
To your browser’s Trusted Sites Zone add Add https://*.intuit.com, https://*.qbo.intuit.com, and https://*.quickbooks.intuit.com Make sure that they require server verification box is unchecked.
Navigate to the Homepage and click on the Gear icon and select Export Data option from the menu
Click on Get Started.
In this step, you need to install the ActiveX control. If the Install button is grayed-out, click on Continue and skip to Step 9.
Once you Confirm ActiveX installation and installation will begin
Click on Continue.
Now ActiveX is installed and let’s start the Export. Click on Continue.
Select the option data to export. Click on Continue
Review limitations of what information will be exported according to rules . Click on Continue.
Enter your contact details. You will be notified once the file will by ready!
Now you need to wait for the email. within 1-2 hours You’ll receive an email with steps to complete the export conversion.
After you receive it, follow the steps given in email to open the file in your QuickBooks desktop edition
Go to your company Home page profile in QB Online. Begin the export process again. Follow the instructions until you reach this screen, then to Download click on continue
Click on Download to begin download
After clicking on download pop-up window will appear and displays you where you’d like to save the file
- Don’t change the name of the file choose the Desktop and click Save.
- You need not to worry if the download takes longer than a few minutes.
Check that the QuickBooks Desktop is Open and showing the “No Company Open” screen.
After the file downloads, click on Convert Now.
Save the file in the same directory where you installed QuickBooks desktop.
The conversion process will now begin and you can see a status bar. If the status bar isn’t moving, you will be allowed to access your QuickBooks desktop edition.
When you find the location of the certificate, click on Yes, prompt each time or Yes, this time then click on Continue to go further
You’ll again get a pop-up window showing that you’ve granted access. Click on Done.
The final step is to run some reports to make sure that your data is successfully converted.
- Click the Reports which you want to view the information and then click on Finished.
We will suggest you run two reports in both QuickBooks Online and in QuickBooks for Windows to ensure that your data was transferred correctly. One is Profit and Loss and other is Balance Sheet
In order to compare data accurately, 2 things are important to verify on your reports in both products:
1. Make sure that you are running the reports to include All Dates.
2. Your accounting method must be set to Accrual.
Hope the above discussed post on how to Export from QuickBooks Online to QuickBooks for Mac will guide you better. However if you have any issues further then contact QuickBooks Mac support team by calling them on their toll free number for fast communication.