Error OLSU-1024 or OLSU-1022 when creating an account for Bank Feeds – In this post we are going to discuss Error OLSU-1024 or OLSU-1022 when creating an account for Bank Feeds. When you try to create an online bank account in QuickBooks Desktop, the following error appears:
OLSU-1024 or OLSU-1022
Error OLSU-1024 or OLSU-1022 when creating an account for Bank Feeds may happen if the Financial Institution Directory (FIDIR) is not updated to include your bank information or it is not stored in the recommended location.
Fix – Error OLSU-1024 or OLSU-1022 when creating an account for Bank Feeds
Intuit recommends more than one solution to this problem. The first solution may solve your problem, or you may need to try all of them to resolve the issue. For best results, perform the solutions in the order shown.
Solution 1: Update QuickBooks to the latest release
Make sure your QuickBooks Desktop is up to date.
Solution 2: Update the Financial Institution directory to the most recent version
- You have go to C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks 20XX\Components\OLB\branding\filist
- Look for the fidir.txt file and edit its name to fidir.old.
- You have to Right-click the link to your version of QuickBooks to get the latest file and from the pop-up menu, choose Save Target As/Save Link As.
- The “Save As” window will displays. Choose your Desktop as the file location and select Save.
- (Optional) If the Download complete window displays, select the Close button.
- You have to Copy the downloaded fidir.txt file to the correct filist folder:
- Right-click the fidir.txt file on your desktop and click on Copy.
- On your keyboard, to open the Computer window press Windows+ E .
- Go to the filist folder:C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks 20XX\Components\OLB\branding\filist
- Right-click inside the filist folder and click on Paste. The fidir.txt file you copied from the desktop will appear in the folder.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop and set up the account.
Solution 3: Repair QuickBooks
- On your keyboard, you have to press Windows + E. (In Windows 8, select the Computer tab).
- Click on Uninstall or change a program.
- Choose the QuickBooks, then Uninstall/Change.
- In the QuickBooks installation window.
- Select Next, then click on Repair.
- Select Next > Repair > Finish.
If repairing QuickBooks does not resolve the issue, reinstall using a clean install.
Solution 4: Edit the fidir.txt preferences
- You have to Go to C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks 20XX\Components\OLB\branding\filist and locate the fidir.txt file.
- Right-click the file and click on Properties.
- Click on the read-only box.