QuickBooks Desktop is used to manage business invoices and expenses very easily and safely. It is desktop accounting software used to organize business financial data all at one place. It has many other features which are necessary to manage the company file data.
Along with maintaining financial details for the business, it can also be used for employees in your company. It can manage all the data related to employees such as employee time tracking, manage accounts payable, payroll, CRM and many more.
Enter and Delete Transactions by Batch in QuickBooks Desktop
QuickBooks Desktop latest version and QuickBooks Desktop enterprise allow batch entry for bills, credit memos, deposits and many more. Quickinfy provides Tips to Enter and Delete Transactions by Batch in QuickBooks Desktop. One important thing to remember before proceeding further is to keep a backup of your company file.
List of Entering and Delete Transactions by Batch in QuickBooks Desktop
- Payee including Customers, Jobs, Vendors, Employee and other names
- Sales Tax Payments
- Payroll Liability Payments
- Invoices and Credit Memos
- Bills and Bill Credits
- Bank Transfers
- Inventory Adjustments
- General Journal Entries
- Transactions in a closed period
- Credit Card Charges / Credits
Enter and Delete Transactions by Batch in QuickBooks Desktop features
1. Batch Enter Transactions feature
- Choose order to display the data of columns and that too from multiple data fields
- Easy to enter transactions into a customize data entry grid
- Paste more than 1000+ transactions from Excel and save them at one place.
2. Batch Delete Transactions feature
- Hide or show transactions that have other linked transactions. This is good because, in all other storing systems, it is impossible to see whether an invoice has a payment attached to it. The importance of this is that you are able to avoid deleting a transaction that can actually affect another transaction.
- We can filter by date range, based on Last Modified Date OR Entered Date (original creation date). This is a new filter we never had access to in QuickBooks,
- A cleared column is also great to make sure that the user makes the correct decision about whether they actually want to delete or not.
Steps to Enter and Delete Transactions by Batch in QuickBooks Desktop
1. Enter transaction by batch in QuickBooks Desktop
QuickBooks Online Banking Services can save you data entry time by enabling you to add multiple transactions at once.
- QuickBooks users can access the Batch Enter Transactions from banking option on the menu bar.
- Click on transaction type and chose the desired transaction type from checks, deposits, credit card charges, credits, bills and bill credits, invoices and credit memos.
- Click Customize Columns button on the right of entering transaction window and to rearrange the order of the columns in which you want
- Begin typing data into the Batch Enter Transactions grid for the selected transaction type. For Invoice transaction type, QuickBooks will automatically populate the next incremental transaction number.
- Select a specific row, and click the Split button in the lower left. This helps you to enter multiple lines for a single customer invoice.
- Copy Excel data by pressing Ctrl + C on your keyboard.
- On the Enter Batch Transactions dialog box, selected the top left the cell and after selecting Paste from the right-click menu, the data from Excel will be prefilled in the grid.
- Click the Save Transactions button and QuickBooks notifies you- the number and type of transactions saved to your QuickBooks company file.
2. Delete transaction by batch in QuickBooks Desktop
Please note that once the transactions are deleted, those transactions will no longer be included in future downloads.
- Click on QuickBooks to open it
- In the main menu click on “Lists” bar and then select “Chart of Accounts” from the pull-down menu.
- Click on the open the account that contains the transactions you want to
- Scroll down to the transaction on the account screen. QuickBooks displays transactions in the order in which you have selected, with the most recent at the top of the screen.
- Select the transaction you want to remove. Click “Edit” in the main menu and then click “Delete.”
- Click “OK” to confirm that you want to delete the transaction.
- Repeat this procedure for each transaction you want to delete.
So, above discussed are some of the Tips to Enter and Delete Transactions by Batch in QuickBooks Desktop. Hope the above-discussed step by step procedure will surely help you to enter and delete entries in QuickBooks. If sometimes you are not able to enter or delete entries then don’t worry just contact QuickBooks support team for your further queries. They will surely help you