Speed up the growth of your business and get less error with the help of QuickBooks Enterprise. It is a planning tool and helps business to make their business plans so that they can run their business smoothly. Here in this post, we are going to discuss correct cache amount for QuickBooks Enterprise.
Enterprise has many features inbuilt in it such as you can manage payroll details, customer data, and inventory list; manage invoices, payment balance and much more. QuickBooks can manage your data in a well-mannered way and make the searches easy. Here below we are going to discuss step by step procedure to correct cache amount for QuickBooks Enterprise
A default cache memory is inbuilt in QuickBooks at the time of installation and memory is used by the database manager. However, sometimes it happens that cache setting gets incorrect or non-default. This starts making computer system run slowly.
Causes – Correct cache amount for QuickBooks Enterprise
- When window is updated to new version
- If the server reboots
- When QuickBooks desktop is updated to new version
- QuickBooks enterprise is up to date to new launch
Before performing the troubleshooting steps correct cache amount for QuickBooks Enterprise make sure QuickBooks is updated to new version. You can update QuickBooks enterprise by two methods: manual update and automatic update.
Steps to Correct cache amount for QuickBooks Enterprise
There are two methods mostly used to troubleshoot the issue of correct cache amount for QuickBooks Enterprise
1. Use QBW.ini file to correct memory cache amount
- Turn on your computer that holds the
- To open the QBW.ini file Go to the path C:\ProgramData\Intuit
- Select a DBSERVER OPTIONS with our required values. Options are: initial cache and Max cache
- InitialCache: This setting can be used until the first file is opened. It adjusts at the time. Setting it none or 0 should do not have any impact on performance.
- MaxCache: Increasing this can improve the performance of-of your system. This provides maximum memory amount so that QuickBooks Database Manager can use to communicate with company file setting this to 0 makes it “Unlimited”.
- Save this file – For this, you need to turn off and turn it on
- For “Server-Only install” do the steps below:
- Open the command prompt and enter net stop QuickBooksDB25
- Open the command prompt, enter: net start QBCFMonitorService
- open the command prompt, enter: net stop QBCFMonitorService
2. Manually change cache settings for Server-Only Install
For this, we have provided 2 solutions. Check out the following solutions below:
Solution 1: Check in Windows to see the current cache settings
- Click to open command prompt to give multi-user access for QuickBooks desktop file
- Enter HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\QuickBooksDB25\Parameter
- After entering you will see the message : -n QB_SERVER_NAME -qs -gd ALL -gk all -GP 4096 -gu all -ch 256M -c 128M…
- Note down the number after -ch and -c.
- If you get the error verify you typed it correctly using the computer set to Host Multi-User Access for QuickBooks Desktop.
- If you get an error, verify that you typed it correctly and that you’re using the computer that Host Multi-User Access for QuickBooks Desktop.
Solution 2: Change the settings in the registry
- First of all, save your work and sign out from QuickBooks Desktop users
- After this step, stop the database service of QuickBooks. In the command prompt enter: net stop QuickBooksDB25
- After this, all DB connections are stoped and unsaved work will be lost.
- After this setting are stored in windows registry and correction should be made there.
- Key location:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\QuickBooksDB25\Parameters.Current value may be similar to: -n QB_SERVER_NAME -qs -gd ALL -gk all -gp 4096 -gu all -ch 256M -c 128M…
- Intuit recommends the following changes:
- From -c 128M, change to -c 256M.If your settings are already at the valid level, no need to change them.
- From -ch 256M, change to -ch 512M.
For unlimited, remove -ch 512M and -ch 256 M. Value should be “-n QB_SERVER_NAME -qs -gd ALL -gk all -GP 4096 -gu all”
- Save the changes you made.
- Again open command prompt, enter: net start QuickBooksDB25.
- Now open QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise and open your file to check whether the same error exists or not
Hope this post has helped you! Quicken has provided you clear step by step procedure to correct cache amount for QuickBooks Enterprise. Our aim is to provide you all possible help in QuickBooks. If you have any further queries or questions you can directly call the QuickBooks tech support team. They are highly experienced and can provide you every possible help in resolving your error related to QuickBooks,