QuickBooks provides many important features in terms of payroll. You can set up direct deposit, to automatically send it on a specified date when you have an on-going professional relationship with a client and make routine payments to them. In this post, we are going to discuss How to cancel direct deposit in QuickBooks Payroll
One of the useful features offered by QuickBooks is direct deposit. This feature allows you to spend more time growing your business and less time worrying about things like payment dates. You need to follow few simple steps for How to cancel direct deposit in QuickBooks Payroll
The vendor is no longer available, or maybe you switched to a new vendor you need to cancel direct deposit in QuickBooks Payroll
Requirements – How to cancel direct deposit in QuickBooks Payroll
Here is the list of requirements for How to cancel direct deposit in QuickBooks Payroll
- Two banking days prior to the paycheck date, you must submit any paycheck void or stop request before 5 p.m. (PST).
- Intuit cannot stop or prevent the direct deposit from being posted to your employee’s bank account, Once the direct deposit has submitted for ACH processing,
- Two banking days prior the paycheck date, ACH processing submissions for of direct deposit occur at exactly 5 p.m. (PST).
- Although errors are rare, there have been some reports of losing data after performing a direct deposit cancellation by users. It is better to create a backup file could prove to be a life-saver in the event of a system crash or failure.
Steps – To check the status of the payroll
Before discussing How to cancel direct deposit in QuickBooks Payroll, let us check out the steps to check the status of the payroll.
- The first step is to click On the top menu bar,
- In this step, you have to choose Employees
- Click on My Payroll Service
- Select the Account/Billing Information.
- You need to Sign in using your Intuit Account Login.
- Click on View Payroll Activity in the direct deposit section.
- Type your Direct Deposit PIN.
- check that needs to be stopped by viewing for the payroll transmission with the
Steps – How to cancel direct deposit in QuickBooks Payroll
Following are the steps how to cancel direct deposit in QuickBooks Payroll. There are just a few steps simple steps to follow:
- click On the top menu bar
- choose the Employees
- Choose the Edit/Void Paychecks.
- Change both the Show paychecks through/from dates to the date of the check, On the Edit/Void Paychecks screen,
- Hit Tab on your keyboard.
- Click on the check in question, and click Void.
- The pop-up box will appear, type ‘yes’ and click Void.
- Select the checkbox saying you agree to the terms and conditions of voiding the paycheck. If you agree,
- to include all checks that need to be voided, Repeat the previous steps as necessary
- close the Edit/Void Paychecks window, Once the check(s) have been voided,
- click Employees On the top menu bar,
- Click on Send Payroll Data.
- Click Send. in order to let QuickBooks Desktop connect to the server to let it know there has been a check modified and will be removed from direct deposit This step is done
- Be sure the paycheck in QuickBooks has been voided by looking in your bank register The memo line will show a modification has been made to the check(s).
- The memo line may say: “voided paycheck Payroll Service Funds Recovered.” On the payroll liability check, the memo line may say: “Adjusted for voided paychecks.” No confirmation report will be sent to voided paychecks.
Steps – If the voided Direct Deposit does not show in the Send Payroll Data window
The following below steps only work if nothing has been edited on the paycheck other than voiding it. Let us check out the steps to resolve the issue is the voided Direct Deposit does not show in the Send Payroll Data window
- The very first step is to Go to the voided paycheck in question.
- in the Memo field, Delete the information
- Click on Save & Close.
- Re-open the paycheck in QuickBooks
- You need to select the Void Paycheck option by right-clicking on it
- In this step, you have to click on Save & Close.
- In the Send Payroll Data window, voided paycheck is now shown
Hopefully, the above post How to cancel direct deposit in QuickBooks Payroll, you will find informative. Quickinfy has tried to explain everything in detail about the cancellation of QuickBooks payroll. If your issue doesn’t get resolved by performing steps, you need to contact the QuickBooks payroll tech support team. The quick way for their communication is to call them on their helpline number to get the free guidance.