In this post we are going to discuss simple steps to Open a company file that is located on a remote computer. Quickinfy guides you on how to access QuickBooks Desktop company file stored over the network. Below you can check list of requirements for Open a company file that is located on a remote computer and then steps.
Requirements to Open a company file that is located on a remote computer
- The folder wherever the corporate file is hold on should be properly shared.
- The computers that may access the corporate file(s) should be established for multi-user mode.
- You need to own access on the Server or Host pc.
- All of the computers as well as the server should be connected on a similar network. The server or host pc should be mapped as a network drive to your individual workstations.
- Make sure the server has Network Discovery turned on and is visible to do gap the file employing a UNC path or map a network drive.
- If you’re having hassle mapping the network drive mistreatment the UNC, attempt mistreatment the scientific discipline address of the server.
- You need to line up QuickBooks Desktop username and watchword.
- QuickBooks Desktop and therefore the QuickBooks info Manager should be put in on the Host pc to make sure the foremost reliable association.